Senior Vice President, RBWM Cyber Security Programmes
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- To ensure successful outcomes of the Retail Banking, and, Private Banking and Wealth Management Cyber Security Programmes.
- Engage senior Biz, Application, Infrastructure and Security Leads and teams to create and shape the programme.
- Manage & influence senior business & technology stakeholders in the mobilization and execution of the programme.
- Analyse and challenge cost estimates to ensure best use of available funding.
- Leverage industry and institutional knowledge to identify re-use & efficiency opportunities.
- Monitor and review inflight projects to selectively engage with teams to manage key risk & issues and avoid escalations.
- Facilitate group review and comment on draft Cyber Security Policies
- Communicate and coordinate implementation of new Cyber Security Policies
- The programme covers the introduction of five new technologies impacting circa 70 BC5 & BC applications.
- Multiple changes will be required to 140+ application instances spanning 31+ markets.
- The role requires significant influence across the organizational matrix covering technology, business infrastructure & security teams. This will be both in country and at group level
- The management of this body of work requires strong skill and judgement to identify & prioritize issues & risks to ensure relevant management attention
- The role requires technical leadership across infrastructure and application architecture, design and delivery.
- The role is accountable for the successful outcomes of the Retail Banking, and, Private Banking and Wealth Management Cyber Security Programmes.
- The scope of the role includes managing a budget of USD 30 Mio across 2019 & 2020 and is central and key to the ongoing operation of the Retail Bank
- The role demands strong leadership qualities to maintain focus delivery across multiple teams and facilitating the right prioritization of the various initiatives. Essential to the role is a strong credible partnership with the business, infrastructure, application and security teams
- Strong interpersonal skills with a keen ability to influence and communicate with senior business & technology stakeholders
- Experience in creation of and running medium to large software technology delivery programmes in an agile environment
- Appreciation of Retail end to end services including shared applications & infrastructure
- Awareness and understanding of Group Information Security policy & standards
- Awareness and understanding of Industry Cyber Security Trends
- Institutional knowledge of the Banks' technology environment and teams would be an advantage
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong & crisp written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and work with diverse teams and senior leadership of the bank
- Self-Starter with high energy levels
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .