Service Line Specialist - Quality Engineering & Assurance
Role: Service Line Specialist - Quality Engineering & Assurance
Geographical Coverage: ASEAN
Base Location: Singapore About Cognizant QE&A
Cognizant Quality Engineering & Assurance (QE&A) is the world leader for Enterprise Software Quality and NextGen QA, as recognized by industry analysts like Gartner, Everest and Forrester. As enterprises simplify, modernize and secure their legacy environments for the digital era, robust quality assurance is essential. Cognizant Quality Engineering & Assurance (QE&A) is reimagining QA for our clients, employing an end-to-end ecosystem approach with intelligent and automated QA processes. In so doing, we are a valuable partner with our clients in transforming their digital services journey with Quality@Speed to deliver strong business values. Summary of Role
Service Line Specialists (SLS) provide deep expertise in a Service Line Practice Area to support the Client Leadership Team to close new and expansion opportunities on accounts. They are actively involved in growing the service line's footprint and working with the Client Partner to engage clients with service line opportunities. In this role, the SLS will focus in the one key area of Cognizant System & Technology is which Quality Engineering & Assurance. He or she will balance client/project responsibilities with business development and sales responsibilities including identifying, qualifying and closing new business opportunities within QE&A service line. The position also requires working with and leveraging a top-notch client leadership team. The individual will be responsible for overseeing high quality delivery while developing strategies and tactics for further penetrating the account in addition to cross selling Cognizant's emerging services. The Service Line Specialist will support the Client Partner in achieving "trusted advisor" status and have a mix of strategic and tactical management experience. Role Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Market Leadership:
- Creates sales strategies and plan for the Client Partners' review and for its incorporation into the broader client strategy and plan.
- Provides subject matter expertise to proposal development and overall solution.
- Relationship Management:
- Executes and manages the account plan within function/specialism under the guidance of the Client Partner
- Invests time in strengthening existing client relationships. Participates in reviews and provides educated and relevant perspectives.
- Client Relationship Management; engage with CXO, VP and Director level clients
- Business Development:
- Identifies opportunities, makes proactive proposals to client in line with account strategy
- Obtains the approvals to pursue opportunities
- Creates, responds to and delivers on clients' requests (e.g. RFPs, RFQs, etc.) with Solution Architects and solutioning teams.
- Leads pursuits to close new and expansion opportunities related to their sales specialisms, working closely with Client Leadership Team
- Secures revenue renewals related to their sales specialisms
- Engages the relevant internal Cognizant teams and service lines team for developing solutions
- End to end account management including account forecasting, budgeting and operations
- Handles risks and issues related to the account, including delivery oversight
- 15+ years of working experience with at least 5-7 years' local experience in enterprise software testing service sales; preferably in onsite-offshore models.
- Good understanding of the testing market, the competitive landscape and the client demand in the country and regional market.
- Excellent SAP (and/or other similar systems) Testing Service knowledge; in addition to traditional enterprise software testing solutions.
- Experience developing opportunity pipelines, qualifying high priority deals, and winning new business in line with agreed targets
- Experience closing sales with a specific emphasis on growing sales. Specifically, win new deals in customer account per pre-agreed targets.
- Ability to grow into having a senior executive presence - possesses an interest and passion toward engaging senior level executives in grasping and enabling fundamentals of software quality engineering and assurance and software quality consulting solutions
- Proven leadership qualities such as conflict/issue resolution, strategic and critical thinking and ownership, particularly with highly diverse teams
- Strategic thinker, who has a vision for the future of testing and is able to 'think out of the box'
- Meticulous worker who gets things done and has a 'whatever it takes' attitude.
- Excellent problem solving, business communication (written & oral), and client management skills are essential
- Ability to work collaboratively in a virtual and highly-matrixed environment
- Outstanding communication and people skills, in English as well as local languages
- Bachelor's degree or higher required