Settlements & Derivatives Officer
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
Settlements & Derivatives Officer
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
Business Unit Overview: Support settlements of equity derivatives trades done out of Asia trading desks. Products covered include variance swaps, equity linked structured notes, equity options etc.
Position Description: - Ensure accurate and timely settlement of trades.
- Liaise with clients and internal stakeholders including front office, trade control and technology on trade settlement issues during pre-settlement confirmation and post-settlement investigation.
- Client Money marking to ensure correct trades are flagged to the central team
- Generation of internal settlement report for completeness review.
- Management reporting.
- Drive process improvement initiatives with internal stakeholders within/across regions.
- Participate in technology enhancement initiatives & testing, where applicable.
- Participate in internal controls, audit and regulatory related tasks/projects.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience in derivatives settlement. Knowledge in equity derivative preferred.
- Display good understanding in operational risk, client money and funding.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with sensitive clients, trade control, front office and other teams globally.
- Must be able to work on Singapore public holidays and able to work under pressure
- Service-oriented, ready to meet client's needs
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills, attention to details.
- Team player, proactive in nature, inquisitive and passion to learn and do more.
- Positive attitude towards changes and challenges
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Posting Date: 13/10/2017
Singapore, , 01, 2 HARBOURFRONT PLACE #02,
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40