Singapore GM Compliance Officer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standard
- Provide advice either independently or with other team members on regulatory compliance issues
- Work with Front Office and other business partners on the day-to-day questions and issues that arise in the normal course of business as well as new business initiatives
- Monitor the issuance of new or revised regulations in Singapore, providing regulatory updates to Business and coordinate feedback to consultation papers by the regulator from the relevant business partners for submission as necessary
- Collaborate closely with the businesses to ensure compliance with the existing and new regulations, including advising on the implementation of the relevant processes and controls to mitigate compliance and regulatory risk
- Provide compliance oversight of the implementation of relevant OTC Derivatives Reforms by providing compliance advice on both regulatory requirements as well as process control issues.
- Implement the governance and control framework of the bank's benchmark setting activities.
- Provide coordination and oversight of regulatory inspections and external audits as required.
- Aid in developing, implementing, conducting and review of all compliance training programs; develop and deliver annual and targeted training and collaborating with other legal and compliance teams on one-bank projects
- Provide support for the development of compliance policies and procedures and for compliance-related risk assessment and control evaluations as requested
- Work closely with Compliance and Regulatory Affairs colleagues across the region in managing the compliance
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- At least 9 years' experience working in banking/securities/financial services/big 4 with Investment bank Compliance/legal/Audit experience preferred
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Global Markets products, regulatory and compliance matters
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to prioritise effectively and to work under pressure without comprising quality
- Experience working with MAS would be a significant advantage
- Self-motivated and resourceful; able to multi-task and focus on delivering results
- Resilient, flexible, open to feedback and focused on achieving excellence;
- Client-focused and committed to developing creative solutions
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.