Singapore Investment Centre Head - Private Bank
The Singapore Investment Centre Head has responsibility for the Citi Private Bank Asia Pacific Singapore booking center. The role includes supporting the APAC CAO to execute business strategies, drive new initiatives and improves business processes for the Citi Private Bank in Singapore and works in partnership with the relevant groups within the Private Bank to meet regulatory requirements, enhance client experience, increase productivity and enhance controls.
Safeguard and promote a balanced and effective business environment for the private bank with full compliance of all regulatory requirements as stipulated by local and US regulators and Citi policies and procedures
- Work with the country GMMs and regional CAO in executing business strategies, driving new initiatives and improving business processes to enhance client experience and increase productivity.
- Facilitate client-specific product rollouts
- Drive interactions and act as the primary contact to work with various internal stakeholders on various initiatives/projects
- In partnership with other Compliance, Legal and Control Units, in-country, regionally and globally, lead and drive the implementation of major initiatives to meet regulatory and control requirements
- Be familiar and up to date on various policies, rules and regulations governing the business and ensure compliance to these are embedded within the business; Ensure dissemination of such information within the team, and ensure that all marketing staff is trained and familiar with them.
- Closely monitor all overdue documentation items e.g. periodic reviews, deferral items, suitability, and work with the bankers to resolve these.
- Ensure that business is conducted in a well-controlled manner with major regulatory or audit issues self-identified (increase IBAM) and with effective corrective actions implemented timely and validated successfully (high on-time remediation rate and low re-open rate)
- Ensure strong compliance with ethics and escalation requirements.
- Ensure early identification and escalation of issues and ensure appropriate corrective actions are in place and effectively closed and implemented in a timely manner.
- Represent the business at industry associations as well as regulatory consultation in the area of wealth management
- Represent CPB in the country and regional meetings and initiatives
- Provide staff coaching and support talent development
- Work with the GMM and BAM and provide guidance and support to the team/ABS in ensuring that the execution of business initiatives and day to day operations are carried out properly and efficiently.
- Lead the Associate Bankers interviewing process
- To plan and coordinate training needs and certification. Ensure all compulsory training requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner.
- Work with the bankers, product partners, Legal and Compliance to resolve client issues and clients' special requests, including litigation cases, mediation and general client complaints, sticky/difficult account opening and KYC DDR issues.
- Ensure that ABs and organization exhibit excellent "service-orientation" and ensuring compliance with internal and regulatory requirements
- 12+ years of Finance/Banking work experience
- Private Banking experience would be an advantage
- Strong knowledge on risk, control, compliance and ethic requirements
- Good analytical and organizational skills
- Able to lead teams/ initiatives and resolve issues
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across multiple stakeholders and organizations - pushes self and colleagues to higher levels of performance by actively listening and engaging in constructive dialogue.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and drive large scale, complex business initiatives -taking initiatives from concept to execution.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with process-oriented execution, with a high attention to details and quality on both internal team work and external products delivered to the market
- Strategic, analytical, and systematic thinker who consistently pushes the status quo and constructively challenges the team to drive change and continuous improvement and innovation
• Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred Job Family Group:
Business Strategy, Management & Administration Job Family:
Business Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting