Site Reliability Engineer - Merchants Services
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. The Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems. Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure and reducing work through automation. You'll join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks. In this environment you'll take the lead on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the support and mentorship you need to learn and grow. As an SRE you'll be focused on running better production applications and systems.
- Design, code, test and deliver software to automate manual operational work
- Troubleshoot priority incidents, facilitate blameless post-mortems and ensure permanent closure of incidents
- Engage with development team throughout the life cycle to help develop software for reliability and scale, ensuring minimal refactoring or changes
- Identify application patterns and analytics in support of better service level objectives
- Design self-healing and resiliency patterns
- Design automated software and product upgrades, change management, and release management solutions
- Coach or manage teams as applicable
- Participate in the 24x7 support coverage as needed
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Proficient in analyzing and troubleshooting large scale distributed systems
- Significant experience in Software development in at least one technology stack
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Go, shell scripting (Unix/Linux), Java
- Significant experience in designing and driving the automation of routine tasks.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. Routers, load balancers , cloud products , container systems , compute, storage and networks)
- Significant knowledge & experience with cloud-based applications, technologies and tools, deployment, monitoring and operations, such as Kubernetes, FluentD, ELK, Prometheus, Grafana, Redis, Microservices, Restful Web Services, etc.
- Relational and NoSQL databases; developing and managing operations leveraging key event streaming, messaging and DB services such as Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, Hadoop/ Big Data, Data lake etc.
- Automation tools experience such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible. Developing monitoring tools and log analysis tools to manage operations
- Good understanding of defining and executing High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Sustained Resiliency, Chaos Engineering tests
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
- Expertise in at least one technology stack designing, coding, testing, and delivering software
- Proficiency in one or more technology domains, may be a cross-domain expert able to solve complex and mission critical problems within a business or across the firm
- Working knowledge of infrastructure components. (E.g. routers, load balancers, cloud products, container systems, compute, storage and networks)
- Excellent debugging and trouble shooting skills
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you. If you're interested in work that makes a difference, then apply tod ay.