Software Development Manager
- Permanent, Full time
- Argyll Scott Singapore Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 11C3721
- 14 Oct 18
My client is a well known player in the Finanacial Services and Insurance industry, dealing with public facing applications nature. Being part of the Applications team, recommend and promote the best practices and tools for measuring the performance of projects and teams. Transforming towards digitalisation, innovations and emerging technologies!
- Provide leadership and directions to the application development team
- Responsible to grow the team's design and solutioning capabilities, their abilities to manage multiple teams of both internal and outsource technical resources.
- To work with Technical Solution Managers and partners to develop and maintain applications, along sides with delivery of new technologies supporting strategic initiatives as required
- Develop and maintain SDLC and development methodology in mix of Waterfall and Agile environment according to needs, set development standards and best practices.
- Ensure adherence of development practice and identify opportunities to improve and automate build, configure, test and deploy processes, standards and quality
- Manage on-going and new enhancements and development in new projects for the respective applications are in-line with the development approach with the use of Service Oriented Architecture
- Ensure designs are in compliant with architectural roadmap and support the development, execution and operations of services
- Lead the development resources to deliver application projects
- Evaluate new technologies and identify the benefit case for using new technologies
- Monitors and manages the production support to ensure incidents and problems are managed within set SLAs
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 12 years of application development and management experience
- Experience in Fintech, Financial Services or Insurance will be ideal
- Experience in Outsourcing, Vendor and Contract management
- Strong solution design using proven patterns and performance tuning.
- Solid understanding of both web and mobile application development life cycle models
- Application: JBoss, Weblogic, Websphere, Apache, IIS or open source web servers
- Database: Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Middleware: API, ESB, JSON, XML, REST or SOAP
- Platform: iOS, Android, Cordova, Oracle MAF/JET/OMSS, ReactNative and Airwatch
- Tools: Cloud, DevOps - Jenkins, Chef, Jira, GitHub, Sonar, Maven, Eclipse and Automated testing will be an added advantage
If you are interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Gwen Koh at email@example.com or call directly on +65 3157 3277 for a confidential discussion.