Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 286 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
During your internship, you would join a scrum team and work with other senior and experienced team members to contribute to the design, implementation and testing of critical services of large-scale systems. You would get the chance to demonstrate your potential of developing high-quality maintainable software and play a major part in the expansion of PayPal into new markets.
During your internship, you should expect to gain:
- Understanding and hands-on experience of various technologies used in large scale complex back-end systems (such as NoSQL/SQL DBs, Rule Management Systems, Enterprise Application Monitoring, REST APIs etc)
- Software design and development skills
- Code craftsmanship
- Application of agile methodologies in real projects
- Experience of working as part of a team in a large organization
- Experience in team-based software development, be it school-driven or self-initiated
- Hands-on experience of software development in a high-level programming language (e.g. Java, C++, etc.)
- Familiarity with version control systems (e.g. Git, SVN)
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs, JSON, Spring, Jenkins, SQL are desirable but not required
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies
- Experience in open-source contributions is a bonus
- Passion to make a difference!
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.