- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team members and business partners. Over 9,000 employees working in 60 offices around the world are dedicated to servicing investment solutions for our clients in more than 150 countries. For over 65 years, our success has been a direct result of the talent, skills and persistence of our people.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the Investment & Wealth Management Technology team based in Singapore. This role will primarily focus on Asia Pacific to provide expertise and experience in application development and production support activities to support business needs. The role involves refactoring codebase of applications, reviewing source code of peers, resolving and identifying root cause for unique production issues. This is an opportunity to use previous application development experience in a key role to enhance and support critical Investment Management applications which mainly used by research analysts and portfolio managers. The right candidate will have financial experience, preferably in Investment Management Applications. The individual must also have experience in production support. Project management experience is a plus as the individual can be assigned to lead small projects.
What are the ongoing responsibilities of this position?
- Creates technical program specifications using the technical system design document as part of the project lifecycle
- Codes and tests programs from technical program specifications
- Programs modules from technical program specifications
- Tests programs and documents results
- May consult on medium to large-scale projects leading Software Engineers
- Provides production support, including on-call support as required
- Participates in code reviews
- Manages help desk tickets for support and enhancement requests
- Investigates, troubleshoots and corrects data and user related system errors
- Uses version control tools and Production Control for job migrations and scheduling
- Participate in DR exercises, server refreshes and software upgrade
What qualifications, skills and experience would help someone to be successful?
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Information Technology or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software development: structured analysis and design (Job title will differ according to years of relevant experience)
- Minimum 5 years of programming and/or software development experience in VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java, Unix Scripting and Oracle PL/SQL
- Minimum 3 years production support experience
- Knowledge of all or some of the following software packages/utilities may be required: file transfer mechanisms (sftp, http, ssl, etc), MQ-Series, Sonic MQ, MS Office and Visio
- Working experience in Oracle, PL/SQL
- Knowledge of Bloomberg(including data license) & Factset is a plus
- Practical experience of using Multithreading, Web application development and Web services
- Experience in the following programming languages is added advantage: C/C++, HTML, XML, Web Script
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards -the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.
We believe that being a good corporate citizen is good business. To us, corporate citizenship means being accountable, serving our clients, being an employer of choice, managing our environmental impact, and supporting our communities . An emphasis on corporate citizenship is embedded in our culture and values , and is an important element of how we achieve success.
We are also committed to your learning and development with resources focused around Experience, Exposure, and Education, to help you achieve your professional development goals. Take some time to, meet some of our people , and see what it means to say, " I AM Franklin Templeton ."
Franklin Templeton Investments values diversity in its workforce and welcomes employees from different backgrounds, generations, capabilities, cultural identification, sexual orientations, and gender expression, in addition to other attributes that contribute to a truly diverse and inclusive community.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified