CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Software Engineer II engineers secure, scalable and reliable technology solutions, with appropriate mentoring, to advance CMEG in the global marketplace and serve risk management needs of customers around the world. Principal Accountabilities:
• Applies basic tools knowledge to maintain designs to reflect modifications.
• Considers the importance of industry standards/best practices while working (little exposure).
• Develops unit test with minimal guidance.
• Exhibits elementary knowledge of database SQL, including basic database modeling and tuning.
• Exhibits elementary language knowledge proficiency; Writes application modules and unit tests with guidance.
• Helps with code optimization based on delegated tasks. Participates in code reviews and helps with environment build deployments; Corrects identified defects and issues and finds own bugs. Skills/ experiences :
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of current experience on building C# .Net applications
- 3+ years of current experience with SQL
- Strong in OOP concept, patterns and data modelling
- Excellent testing skills
- Good understanding/knowledge of Service oriented architecture
- Good communication skills
- Financial knowledge, including confirmation systems such as MarkitServ or TRTN ( Good to have)
- Knowledge on Regulatory Reporting ( Good to have)
- Json/XML data formats
- Web API
- Message Queue system
- Experience with large scale enterprise systems, covering scalability/performance/caching/etc.
- DevExpress for WinForms
- Unit testing with NUnit and/or FakeItEasy
- Git/Subversion source control systems
- Familiar with ticketing system (Jira, Trac, etc.)