Software Engineer – Data Analytics & Monitoring
Our Software Engineer - Data Analytics & Monitoring will be in hands-on role in building and maintaining IT data analytics platform and plays an active role in gathering of business requirements, design and development of new business use cases that delivering insights to key stakeholders.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop, operate and optimize the performance of our IT operations data analytics platform to ensure accurate, reliable and timely delivery of key insights for decision making.
- Build out scalable and reliable ETL pipelines and processes to ingest data from a large variety of upstream data sources.
- Work with service owners to develop near-real-time infrastructure, application data monitoring and analytics use cases, and other API-based use cases.
- Build and deploy performant BI web applications to deliver data insights in dashboards to key stakeholders.
- Support daily operation of modern high-performance analytical databases and computation engines like RedShift, Elasticsearch, and Presto.
- Deploy and manage data pipelines, new data services and analytical reporting dashboards
- Troubleshooting problems, involving the appropriate resources and driving resolution of issues with a focus on minimizing impact to end users.
- Applying best practices for managing cluster, scaling and capacity planning.
- You can be a good developer in any language but preferably Python and SQL
- Real passion for data, new data technologies, and discovering emerging solutions to the company's growing data needs
- Experience with ELK stack is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in at least one data warehousing solution including but not limited to Elasticsearch, RedShift, and BigQuery.
- Experience in monitoring and visualization tools such as Grafana or Kibana.
- Experience in infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform and etc.
- Knowledge with container management and orchestration tools like Kubernetes is a strong plus.
- Experience in building and scaling backend services
- Experience in implementing monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios and Prometheus) is a plus.