J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives. We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce is directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The successful candidate will work in the Corporate and Investment Bank Technology group as a hands on leader. Candidate will be focused on a number of projects aimed at building out the area's strategic digitization initiatives. The candidate will be responsible for working with multiple business lines and multiple technical teams in order to develop the firm ‘strategic technical roadmap. Not only should the candidate have a proven track record of application development with skills in Java, distributed technology and building scalable robust resilient systems, but they should have excellent communications skills and be able to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders within IT and the business. They need to manage financial estimation, forecasting, and reconciliation. Candidate needs to understand AGILE principles and drive team to achieving true agility in development.
The day to day activities of the role will encompass multiple aspects, including:
- Hands-on leadership of a local development team as well as one in India
- Working with multiple global teams to develop the area strategic technical roadmap
Working with other likeminded technical leaders in the department to move our technical plan forward
- Recruitment of top diverse talent / team development
- Digesting Business Requirements and designing new modules/functionality in partnership with SMEs
- Ability to understand business processes and map them to strategic solutions
- Demonstrates inclusive leadership demonstrating ability to hold difficult and vulnerable conversations – they should understand benefit of listen, learn, lead.
- Effectively coaches for performance and career development and is a role model in the pursuit of excellence
- History of strategic thinking / delivery
- History of working with senior business and technical leaders.
- History of leading teams of developers.
- Leadership by example, coaching and creating an environment for continuous improvement.
- History of working in an agile development environment.
- Technically proficient
- Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, resiliency, security
- Experience working on high throughput mission critical platforms which have low error rates.
- Should have a working knowledge of Technology infrastructure.
- Experience of managing troubleshooting – front/backend application processes
- Structured thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-driven individual who excels at performing with minimal guidance.
- Ability to gather input from multiple sources and synthesize into actionable recommendations
- Quick learner with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well with other leaders across the department to advance the broader strategy.
- Demonstrates continual Improvement in terms of individual performance and team performance.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to thrive in a high pressure, mission critical environment.