Software Engineer, Portfolio Management Technology
Point72 About Point72:
Point72 is a global private investment asset management company managing the assets of its founder, Steven A. Cohen, and employees. The firm focuses primarily on discretionary long/short equity investing and makes significant quantitative and macro investments. It is headquartered in Stamford, Connecticut, maintains offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, London, Boston and New York. About the IT team:
Our Technology department employs 140+ people and delivers all technology solutions used within the firm. We are looking for extraordinarily bright, articulate and dedicated computer science or information systems professionals to join our team. If you want to join a world-class investment management organization that operates in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and rewards talent with recognition and increased responsibility, then this is the right opportunity. Our team seeks individuals that are highly proficient in their respective technology platform, articulate, solution driven, client focused and proactive in building their technology skills.
About the Role:
- Innovation & Excellence: A successful team member has excellent broad technical and problem solving skills including the ability to innovate, drive change, and can quickly adapt to changing processes, priorities, languages, and ideas.
- Integrity: We uphold the highest standards of ethics and integrity. Our work is truthful, direct and unbiased. We protect sensitive and confidential information and exercise discretion in all aspects of our work.
- Courage: we are not afraid to fail. We accomplish difficult and high-stakes tasks in an environment with a high degree of uncertainty. We will sometimes be wrong, but we will always learn from our mistakes and improve.
- Curiosity: we always ask "why?" We don't accept the first answer or the easy answer; we strive for understanding. We do not report information; we provide insight and analysis by putting information into context. We solve puzzles even when we don't have all the pieces.
You will use programming expertise and data analytical skills to advance the performance of our risk management systems, valuation engines, and analytic capabilities within the Risk department. We use innovative technology to develop our solutions and you will play an integral part in the success of our team.
What's required to succeed as a Risk Programmer Analyst at Point72:
- Develop quantitative understanding of investment performance through developing data products to merge data sets from various sources, implementing sophisticated calculations, and creating reports to offer systematic solutions for portfolio managers, senior management, risk managers and analysts.
- Develop strategic or tactical solutions to solve complex and challenging problems through the application of creative and unique solutions using existing or new technology
- Manage complex data changes and automate manual workflow to streamline reference data flow for scalable aggregations.
- Support operational infrastructure to maintain stability and continually exceed high standard of performance.
- Technical training in CS or related field.
- Awesome team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills (with peers and clients). We interact directly with risk managers, senior management, and portfolio managers, in addition to our colleagues in the technology department. The ability to communicate with technical peers and our business users in terms that both groups can understand is crucial to our success.
- Problem solver with proven problem skills using efficient algorithms and proper data structures.
- Advanced and detail oriented data analytical skills.
- Looking for Candidates with a mix of these skillsets (C#, Python, NodeJS/React and SQL)
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards.
- An interest and passion in the understanding of financial markets and instruments.
- Flexibility in rapid environment while maintaining enthusiasm and displaying sound judgment
- Prior experience in the banking or hedge fund industry, working with Risk VaR/Stress systems and/or Fixed Income Valuation/Trading systems.
- Knowledge of data science technologies: Machine Learning, Tensorflow etc.
- knowledge of web architectures and technologies: node, React, Angular, D3, graphql etc.
- Knowledge of cloud ready architectures and technologies: Microservice Architecture, Streaming, Serialization protocols, NoSQL and in memory database etc.
- SQL development skills.
- Scripting skills (Powershell/batch etc)
- knowledge of Windows and Excel.
Point72 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Point72 is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Point72 complies with applicable, local, state and federal laws on the subject of equal employment opportunity.