Software Engineering - Listed Clearing
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Prime Clearing Operations Technology / Clearing Operations Engineering is responsible for the implementation of the systems and processes that support Goldman Sachs derivatives clearing business. We support over 40 clearing venues across the world. Every future or option that GS clears for ourselves or for our clients comes through our systems, that's about 800k a day.
We have several applications that make this happen. Most of these need to cope with high throughput, have rich operational functionality and handle significant financial exposure. They include:
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Clearing venue connectivity
- Matching algorithms
- Trade booking and event processing flows
- Data lake for analytics
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Translate business and technical requirements into well-engineered business applications based on object oriented design and event driven model.
- Interface with internal clients/end users and other development teams
- Participate in the full SDLC for software to be written with Java, SQL, RESTful web services, JMS messaging, Kafka and web UIs.
- Responsible for L3 production support of global users
- Developer will be a part of global team that will provide support for listed clearing matching and reconciliation
- Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving programming or systems engineering.
- Proficiency in building software in one or more of the following: Java,NodeJS / ReactJS/TypeScript,shell
- Good at algorithms, data structures and software design.
- Experience with UNIX operating systems internals.
- Proficiency in SQL,RDMS.
- Experience with object oriented programming & Java design pattern.
- Strong communication skills
- Should be able to work independently
- Should be able to manage user communication.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in Sequencer paradigm or event driven architecture is a plus.
- Experience with distributed systems design, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Hands-on experience with debugging and optimizing code.
- Strong communication skills, drive, and ownership.
- Experience applying DevOps principles to novel problems and systems
- Derivative products & clearing functional knowledge (but not required).
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity