Solution Architect - Credit Origination
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The role is to lead the Solution Architecture for the Bank's Credit Origination systems. Sitting within the Credit Origination T&I Solutions team, the successful candidate will play an important role in the re-engineering of the Credit Origination system for the bank. This role will require close engagement with business stakeholders as well as enterprise and solution architecture teams.
The successful candidate will provide guidance to the solution architecture and solution design teams supporting strategic projects as well as BAU requirements and will act as the SME for overall technology matters in the Origination area.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Drive architectural thinking and engagement with agile pods and align architecture plans and solution design with business objectives
- Work extensively with agile pods to drive containerization, cloud and digitalisation strategies
- Develop and maintain solution architecture road maps for credit origination
- Articulate key elements of proposed solutions for the system including upstream/downstream and surrounding system impacts
- Present solution architecture and designs including its benefits and drawbacks to senior stakeholders
- Assess proposed solutions for appropriateness and adherence to group architecture principles and roadmap
- Work with internal and external technology partners to assess scope of technology changes needed for new projects and devise solution architecture options
- Provide cost-effective solution options for business requirements in line with architecture principles
- Maintain comprehensive documentation and best practice for systems and interfaces
- Present solution designs to technology governance committees as part of the project approval process
Desirable but not Essential
- Master Degree or Engineering Graduate or Equivalent
- 12+ Years of experience in Architecture / Techology roles.
- Experience in Banking Domain preferable
- Experience in Containerized,Cloud based architecture for Microservices based web applications
- Extensive Knowledge of Containerization technologies
- Knowledge of data integration technologies (e.g. Solace, Kafka etc.)
- Exposure to Microstrategy, Tableau, Dremio, Axiom and other reporting & data tools
- Knowledge of data platforms such as Hadoop, Postgres, Cassandra etc.
- Proven ability to plan and organize own workload to deliver in a challenging environment with many dependencies and multiple demanding stakeholders
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills
- Knowledge of AI/ML technologies
- Knowledge of Credit Origination ecosystem
- Knowledge of high-performance computing/grid technologies and architecture
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.