- Permanent, Full time
- Avaloq Asia Pacific Pte Ltd
Solution Architect (e-Banking)
- Full time
- 21 Nov 18
Solution Architect (e-Banking)
The Avaloq group is an internationally leading fintech company. With its core and digital banking software and its international network of Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) centres, Avaloq brings trustworthy and efficient banking to the world, delivered through great user experience. Headquartered in Switzerland, Avaloq has branches in the most demanding financial centres worldwide and serves around 155 banks and wealth managers and the 270 Swiss cooperative banks. Avaloq's growing ecosystem comprises among others over 2'000 employees from 66 nationalities and more than 500 third-party developers that co-innovate with Avaloq.
More information on www.avaloq.com
Brief Job Description
The Solution Architect drives the definition and ensures the integrity of the business and technical architecture of the banking platform.
Your main responsibilities:
- Design the overall architecture (obj. mdl, processes, UC & tech. landscape) of banking platforms to meet the clients' business needs, considering technical and economic feasibility, business strategies, architectural guidelines and other constraints
- Ensure conformity of technical architecture with Avaloq core concepts, blueprints and best practices
- Define, enforce and further develop best practices, blue prints, coding conventions
- Liaise with Software and Business Process Architects to identify areas of improvement and define standards and patterns
- Identify trends and business needs; create prototypes and proof-of-concepts
- Review and verify design documents, effort estimations, implementation artifacts and technical solutions
- Identify and mitigate risks in overall architecture and software implementations
- Align and communicate architecture standards and design patterns to business analysts and developers
- Provide decision support to management on solution development, risks, opportunities
- Consult customers on how their business needs can be implemented with sustainable solutions
- Understand, analyze and formalize functional and non-functional business requirements
- Provide sales support for architecture definition, solution shaping, effort estimations
- At least Bachelor of Science Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Math or Physics or a technical field and a minimum of 8 consecutive years of relevant experience
- Must demonstrate proficiency and possess experience necessary to develop moderately complex software in PL/SQL and object-oriented languages such as Java.
- Must have experience in Enterprise Java technologies, web based and desktop clients
- Must be familiar with application servers and application installation processes.
- Must have know-how of system integration between applications - familiar with authentication and authorization mechanisms
- Must have experience with using, tuning, and deploying solutions on a commercial database such as Oracle, SQL Server or DB2.
- Must have experience working with and developing design and requirements documents and artifacts such as Entity Relation Diagrams, User Stories, Use Cases, etc.
- Knowledge in core banking applications and knowledge in banking operations will be an added advantage
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills, including conducting presentations to teams and to customers
- Solid understanding of Agile software development process
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Ability to analyse and operate at various levels of abstraction
- Motivated and result oriented in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work independently and provide proactive leadership in a complex environment with multiple teams
- Experience of JIRA/Confluence is an advantage
- Familiar with API creation and RESTful services, web services, messaging, containerisation technologies such as Docker or equivalent
- CI/CD knowledge is an advantage
- Avaloq Core Platform (ACP) knowledge is an advantage
Do you want to apply your knowledge in a professional and dynamic environment? Solve challenging tasks as part of a highly qualified team?
A high level of self-sufficiency in your area of work and an open work-culture awaits you! Click the "Apply Online" button now to apply to this position.
Kindly note that only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted for next steps. We look forward to receive your application!