Solutions Architect (Presales) - APJ Market
Workato is the operating system for today's fast-moving business. As a high growth company with over 6000 customers, Workato is revolutionizing the integration and automation market with investments from the top 3 SaaS companies - Salesforce, Workday, ServiceNow. Recognized as a leader by both Gartner and Forrester, it is the only AI-based platform that enables both business and IT to integrate their apps and automate workflows across their enterprise with robust security and governance. Some of the world's top brands including Slack, Grab, Box, Visa, Broadcom run on Workato.
We are looking for exceptional Solutions Architect (Presales)
to join our growing team. This role will report into our VP of Solutions Consulting and will play an integral role in creating a strategic vision for our enterprise customers and being the trusted advisor on Workato's automation best practices, architecture patterns, governance processes to help scale and drive adoption in order to achieve their strategic initiatives. As a Solutions Architect, you will be part of Workato's Enterprise Architecture community and will own the architecture alignment with the customer during the pre-sales lifecycle through strategic architecture workshops that will define the customer's future state architecture. In order to be successful in this role, you must be able to articulate deep business and industry knowledge, technology trends and drive and communicate the value of Workato's products and automation approach to business and technical prospective users and buyers, particularly the C level executives. You will also help shape the product and direction of the company by communicating market needs to the Product Management team. We are looking for a top performer who can establish & maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle, and who exudes a passion for understanding the needs of the customer and articulating the value of Workato's products and solutions in meeting strategic business requirements..
Workato has a positive, diverse, and collaborative culture-we look for people who are curious, inventive, smart, hardworking and work to be a little better every day. Workato has also been recognized amongst the "Top 47 Enterprise Startups to Bet Your Career On in 2020" and the "Hottest 13 Productivity Software Startups to Watch in 2020!" by Business Insider. Responsibilities
- Partner with the account team (Account Executives and Solutions Consultants) by leading the architecture vision alignment of enterprise customers to Workato's product and automation approach
- Be part of Workato's Enterprise Architecture community where you will collaborate and learn on enterprise best practices with the Customer Success Enterprise Architecture team and Product Leadership.
- Be the strategic advisor to the customer in their digital transformation journey with Workato
- Be a Workato evangelist with the ability to discover and demonstrate how Workato can effectively help companies with their business automation needs across a broad set of industries
- Effectively communicate at various levels of our customers' organizations (Developer, Solution Architect, CIO, CEO)
- Articulate solution capabilities and value proposition both in a customer specific context as well as a market context (conferences, seminars, etc.)
- Propose customer roadmaps/solution vision plans and corresponding value
- Think beyond traditional measures of value ($) and incorporate risk, time, quality and other KPIs in a value proposition
- Perform discovery to quickly understand customer priorities and pain points
- Create and deliver customer roadmaps, solution visions and corresponding value
- Represent solution vision and value at customer specific events as well as industry forums, conferences, etc.
- Provide direction/feedback on customer needs to product development
- Provide direction/feedback on Workato's GTM approaches
- Support Marketing with evangelism activities, including writing blogs, developing presentations and speaking at industry events
- Lead, mentor, and train team members from the extended Solutions Consulting, Customer Success and Sales team to enable them with content and knowledge.
- Develop content such as presentations, demos, white papers, best practices, solution packs, architecture patterns, and online courses for use by both customers and to enable our extended team.
- BA/BS or equivalent education - Computer Science degree is a plus
- 10+ years of pre-sales experience in a SaaS/iPass organization
- Experience in enterprise architecture, middleware and enterprise software
- Experience developing customer specific value propositions and roadmaps
- Understanding of security and governance needs in large enterprises
- Integration product experience is preferred (but not required). Other integration vendors include MuleSoft, IBM, BEA, Oracle, TIBCO, etc.
- Knowledge of key applications such as Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday, ServiceNow, SAP, EBusiness Suite, Databases
- Ability to learn new concepts, technologies and solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to convey and relate ideas to others and work collaboratively to get things done.
- Excellent presentation abilities and composure in front of all levels of technical and business audiences
- Ability to lead architectural discussions
- Communicate effectively with Technical, Business and C Level stakeholders
- A passion for technology and translating that passion into business impact for customers
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills in front of all audiences.
- Ability to travel as needed and to work flexible hours throughout the sales territory
All full-time regular employees in the US
- Supportive, collaborative, international team environment that supports remote employees (currently all of us!)
- Long-term prospects for a professional career in a high growth company
- Flexible Work culture
- Be part of a community-oriented organization with a history of giving back
- Best in class technology tools to empower you to do your best work
- Support for professional development and continuous learning
- Wellness programs, including fitness challenges and an occasional company day off to recover from Zoom fatigue
- Company-sponsored team-bonding activities and team celebrations
- Employee and Customer referral bonuses
will also have the following benefits:
- Workato Stock Options at one of Silicon Valley's fastest growing startups
- Health benefits: Medical, dental, vision for you and family
- Pre-tax benefits: Flexible spending account, 401k, commuter benefits
- Company-paid life insurance and short/long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance program