Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
A typical day for the Solutions Engineer Working with PayPal teams in Singapore, the Solutions Engineer will support Merchant Sales teams in South East Asia. The Solution-Eng. will ensure a smooth roll-out of new PayPal implementations on merchant sites and relentlessly improve the end consumer experience of payment products integrated on major eCommerce sites and through new product solutions development.
What does Success Look Like?
• Support Sales team in selling PayPal's products to major merchants and channel partners in the local markets
• Drive the integration of PayPal's products into merchants and distribution partners online business.
• Be the primary contact person for representatives of large merchants / distribution partners throughout the integration process.
• Being involved from early phase of the sales process until the initial monitoring of post-sales performance. Help to improve execution of merchant service processes - Constantly remain in contact with Integration specialists and other Solutions Engineers in the region in order to share workload and knowhow Contribute to the localization of specific features and products
• Constantly suggest to PMs product concepts to answer business needs identified to maximize ROI of global merchant service products and to optimize products for local markets needs.
• Follow up, evaluate product performance, and develop post-launch feature alignments and optimization recommendations.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.
• Proven experience in sales engineering & integration or technical sales in a project-type environment, preferably in a US tech / web company or in the Web consulting business.
• Experience with mobile software development technologies (iOS, Android) and Mobile Web architectures.
• Experience working with e-commerce companies and/ or payment gateways or service providers.
• Be completely fluent in English. Other language skills, and Russian or Arabic in particular, considered a plus.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, computer science or equivalent with record of academic achievement.
• 30% Travel required, mobility willingness considered a plus.
• Excellent intellectual, analytical rigor and quantitative analysis capabilities; solution-driven problem solver with an innovative mindset being able to think outside the box.
• Excellent customer communication and presentation skills; being able to transmit message to its audience.
• Quick learner, capable of understanding the intricacies of a complex product in a complex industry.
• An excellent team player with great interpersonal, cross-cultural and communication skills.
• Able to build and maintain cross-cultural working relationships and networks.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.