Specialist, Financial Crime Advisory-AML
Group Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Responsibilities
This position requires the successful candidate to have a sound understanding of AML/CFT regulations and apply the AML/CFT requirements in relation to the Institutional Banking Group (IBG) business unit. The successful candidate is expected to actively interact with management, business, operations and other stakeholders in providing advisory support to first line and second line functions to uphold DBS' AML/CFT Standards across all DBS locations. The candidate must be confident and be able to interact with stakeholders of varying seniority. The successful candidate would also be presented with opportunities to run and participate in IBG/LCS projects and attend governance committees and participate in peer reviews across different geographies. Candidates who are familiar with the AML / CFT requirements on correspondent banking and the use of SWIFT analytics tools, will have an added advantage.
- Ensure consistent interpretation and implementation of AML/CFT Standards across Business Units/Support Units/DBS Locations.
- As the subject matter expert, provide relevant technical expertise in interpreting AML/CFT related issues and offer practical solutions and advisory support to address and mitigate AML/CFT risk.
- Provide advisory on New Products Approval reviews relating to IBG/GTS
- Provide advisory on industry wide initiatives such as ACIP and support IBG/GTS initiatives
- Participate in and provide key updates on AML/CFT related matters to the respective business/support unit governance committees
- Provide group advisory support and oversight to the compliance colleagues at other DBS locations for a consistent interpretation and implementation of controls and processes.
- Lead/Participate in enterprise wide AML/CFT projects from time to time.
- Address potential issues holistically and timely with minimal supervision.
- Develop appropriate and relevant material and conduct AML/CFT training where required.
- Assist in providing responses to queries from the MAS, internal audit and external auditors.
- Preparation of monthly AML key metrics reporting
- Any other support as required by the Head of FCSS Advisory (IBG) from time to time.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant AML/CFT experience, preferably in the AML/CFT compliance advisory function of a corporate bank
- Strong working knowledge with relevant experience in IBG/GTS, particularly in Trade Finance
- Good understanding and proficient with MAS regulations on AML/CFT
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Pleasant personality, great teamwork and good sense of accountability.
- Committed and Self-Driven.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.