About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- The Bank's Cloud-First Strategy paves the way to modernisation and consolidating and enhancing IT infrastructure, automation, improving environment hygiene and pursue next-generation innovative solutions.
- The Cloud Network Engineer
- Has hands on expertise with Cloud Provider Environments (AWS and/or Azure)
- Be able to select appropriate networking solutions to design and deploy the environment based on business requirements
- Is skilled in developing, deploying and debugging network deployments with deep knowledge of key networking features of Cloud Service Providers as well as Enterprise environments.
- Have exposure to Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD pipelines
- Working to improve customer journey to Cloud through continual improvement of Network environment through automation and toil reduction
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the group operates.
- Gain a deep understanding of business objectives and priorities.
- As a critical technology service for the bank, ensure the network services architecture, design have high availability to remains stable and performing optimally
- Work closely with Networks, Cloud Engineering, Enablement and SRE teams and various business stakeholders
- Work closely with Cyber Security teams to ensure Security first delivery
- Develop influential and trustworthy working relationships with other technology and business peers to achieve performance objectives. This should be aimed at improving team efficiency in performing their work.
- Provide consultancy and advisory services to business, system developer and technology stakeholders for any matter related to any assigned project working together with SRE, delivery, engineering and project leads.
- Working to provide Operational excellence and monitoring capabilities within environment
- Escalation point for all matters related to Cloud networking SRE/operations
- Working within a Matrix team across Cloud and Network disciplines
- Enhance processes and automation best practices
- Ensure banks governance and change processes are closely followed
- Ensure Operational stability of business-critical environments
- Ensure that Network Engineering complies with the Technology Services processes within the Architecture Framework. These include, Security Architecture & Capability Authority (SACA), Technology Services Technology Council (TSTC), Cloud Governance Framework.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure a full understanding of the risk and control environment within Network Services Operations
- Ensure Network Architecture Design adhere to Group Security & Audit policies within Network Services.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [Singapore/T&I/Enterprise Technology/Network Services [Network Engineering] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Technology Services - Cloud Engineering, Enablement, Governance and SRE teams
- Technology Services - Security Technology Services teams
- Technology Services - Network teams
- CIO application teams
- 6+ years' experience in Network Design and Delivery of technology centric customer focused services.
- 3+ years in Cloud Environments (AWS and/or Azure)
- Knowledge or experience with Terraform and Git
- Diploma or bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science/Information Technology or its equivalent.
- Preferably possess a valid Cisco certification or its equivalent.
- Preferably possess valid Cloud Provider certification
- Experience with CI/CD pipeline and tools
- Strong working knowledge in various Networking technologies - MPLS, Internet, IPSEC, QoS, BGP, OSPF, GRE, Firewalls etc.
- Strong experience and understanding of Cloud Networking and Multi-Cloud Connectivity environments and offerings such as Megaport and Equinix.
- Integration of NFV appliances into cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and GCP would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of Security and segmentation policies.
- Good understanding of proxy and DHCP, DNS and IPAM (DDI) concepts and platforms such as Infoblox, Zscaler, etc.
- Coding skills in Python would be advantageous
- Automation best practices
- Experience with Monitoring and operational tool. Eg SevOne, Grafana,
- Design and implementation experience in the integration of 3 rd Party NFV within the Cloud
- Excellent technical leadership, impressive problem analysis and resolution abilities.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and demonstration of service improvements
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written and presentation; technical reporting and writing across various types of target audiences.
Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the organization's goal. Exudes confidence, able to cope under pressure and will roll-up his/her sleeves to drive a project to success in a challenging environment.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.