A challenging opportunity in our Trade Operations team!
Trade Operations is responsible for timely matching of cash securities, time deposits and foreign exchange trades for Singapore operations hub, supporting Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia and London. Lateral responsibilities include partaking in reporting, counterparties & custodians management and internal stakeholders management.
Overview of role
- Ensure timely and accurate processing/matching & settlement of trades (Equities, Bonds, Unit Trusts, Time Deposits, Foreign Exchange – Spot / Forwards)
- Perform all daily and regular checks to ensure all trades are processed and instructions successfully sent out to the respective custodians.
- Ensure timely daily reporting to clients and fund administrators (Australia, Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore)
- Perform assessment of internal procedures, to determine whether controls are adequate and efficient.
- Conduct on-going reviews with updates to procedures/guides, while ensuring team’s adherence to agreed procedures.
- Keep abreast of market developments and nuances, to timely support queries from Front Office (eg: Investment and Dealing) and to assess impact to daily operations
- Implement timely changes to operation procedures, post assessment/review.
- Collaborate with other teams, departments and entities to better understand their needs so as to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the various functions of the team.
- Manage counterparties and custodians service level proactively.
- Provide guidance/training to junior team members.
- Provide coverage in absence of Team Leader.
- Plan and execute ad hoc projects and assignments.
- 2-4 years of working experience
- Experience working in fast-paced environment
- Experience in security trades, unit trusts time deposits and foreign exchange processing & settlement
- Have good knowledge of financial products like FX, Fixed Income and Equities
- Proficient in basic software including MS Excel
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with people
- A good team-player
- Excellence verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good client awareness
- Proactive problem solving skills and a good attention to detail
- Strong prioritisation and organisational skills
- Strong team player but with ability to work independently within specified deadlines
- Ability to prioritise own and others work
- Knowledge on Aladdin system will be an added advantage