We’re looking for experience trade operations Subject Matter Experts to join our trade confirmations team to support the Manager of the team in delivery of the team’s responsibilities!
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for experience trade operations Subject Matter Experts to join our trade confirmations team to support the Manager of the team in delivery of the team’s responsibilities. You will be ensuring that our equity, fixed income, cash, FX, Repo and Unit Trust trades are confirmed on a timely basis, settlement instructions are sent timely and managed through to settlement. Any settlement issues or fails are pro-actively dealt with and resolved. Additionally, you will support the investigation and resolution of any interest claims that may arise.
As a specialist / lead specialist you will be able to handle the most complex issues throughout their lifecycle working with internal and external stakeholders as required.
You will thrive in a fast pace environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation.
Someone who can act as a mentor and escalation point for the team’s Specialists to support them on a daily basis.
What you’ll do
- Deliver accurate, timely, compliant and cost effective trade processing services;
- Ensure team achieves timely confirmation of trades across equity, fixed income, cash, FX, Repo and Unit Trust trades and ensure timely issuance of settlement instructions and cash payments/receipts;
- Ensure processes and procedures are in place to:
- Identify, record, investigate and resolve trades failing to achieve market settlement by contractual settlement date.
- Record, investigate and resolve trade related interest claims and report any associated costs to senior management in a timely manner.
- Perform function in line with established business controls;
- Provide administrative, transactional based support to others involved in the task of fund / portfolio management;
- Support external client queries and ensure that they are investigated and responded to within agreed timelines; and
- Assist training of staff as required on new and existing processes to ensure all tasks can be covered across the team;
- Provide specialist product knowledge; contribute to department and Company initiatives and projects.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Typically would require 1-2 years experience gained in a Trade Management function within a Financial Services Operational team supporting equity, fixed income, Repo, FX and Unit Trust asset classes;
- Good operational knowledge of SWIFT messaging standards;
- Good market knowledge and understanding of local market regulations and settlement processes;
- Experience of investigating interest claims; and
- Strong understanding of operational risks and control frameworks.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Asset Management qualifications i.e. IOC or IMC;
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university; and/or
- Wider experience in Asset Management and understanding of the end-to-end asset lifecycle.
What you’ll be like
- An expert in your field and a strong mentor to the team’s Specialists;
- Good at analysing and solving problems with a strong handle on operational risk;
- Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks and delegate appropriately;
- Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self-improvement opportunities;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
- A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
- Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team.