Sr. Software Engineer
The Senior Software Engineer of the Mobile & Chip Service team reports into Visa's Digital & Mobile Products group.
The mission of the Mobile & Chip Service team is to provide high quality services in the domain of technology development and readiness - i.e. to provide technical development, consulting and implementation expertise for Chip, Contactless, Mobile and other emerging technologies.
The objectives of the Mobile & Chip Service team include:
1) Developing best practice tools to ease EMV chip migration, Contactless implementation and ensure interoperability
2) Providing specialized technical support and training to business partners including Regions, Vendors and Clients in Contactless, Mobile and EMV chip implementations
3) Staying abreast of payment technology and undertaking emerging product research, development and evaluation.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing and maintaining Web-based applications/APIs for chip contact, contactless, NFC mobile and other new payment technology: wearables, biometrics, etc.
• Engage in the development life-cycle and complete deliverables to meet business and technical requirements.
• Develop high quality code for Web based system and application.
• Validate completed code and work closely with QA tester to resolve identified bugs in a timely manner.
• Provide efficient production support to assigned applications.
• Collaborate Global System support team to ensure timely system/application deployment. Qualifications
• Minimum 4 years of hands-on experience in developing and supporting web applications for large corporations.
• Minimum 4 years of designing/developing web application, web API, and technically proficient in:
o Language: C#
o Framework: .NET Core 2.0+, .NET Framework 4.5+
o IDE: Visual Studio 2017+
o Source Control: Team Foundation Server 2012+, Git
o Database: SQL Server 2016+
o Tools: Microsoft Word, Visio
• Minimum 4 years of Database programming and writing Stored Procedures and functions.
• Must have solid understanding on Agile development process and have experience on completing web based software development under Agile process.
• Must have strong analytic and troubleshooting skills to address inquiries and resolve production issues in timely manner.
• Must have extensive knowledge of Windows environment.
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Should be a self-starter and have ability, desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering or in related fields.
• Preference will be given to someone with prior Visa working experiences and has strong knowledge of Visa development coding standards and best practices
• Preference given to candidates who have working experience and knowledge related to EMVCo, GlobalPlatform and Visa Chip Technology.