Sr. Technical Director - Loyalty & Offer Platform - Data Products Development
The Sr. Director,
will be responsible for managing and delivering Visa Offers Platform (VOP) and Visa Loyalty Platform Services (VLPS). As key member of the Loyalty and Benefits team, this role will head and focus on global loyalty platform strategy, platform roadmap, and business requirements for new enhancements and new platform builds from a technology perspective. In addition, the role involves working with the extended Visa Loyalty Products Global and Regional teams to identify gaps and new requirements for deploying solutions to market that meet issuer and merchant needs. Responsibilities
- Directs and manages multiple diverse teams of software engineering professionals performing research, development, design and/or implementation of products, services, solutions for VISA's Global Loyalty line of business. Responsible for creating and communicating technical strategy within the organization and/or across the function.
- Manage multiple vectors of change such as technology migration, location rationalization, in-sourcing and process changes while ensuring business delivery
- Own and drive the end-to-end development efforts for on-schedule, high quality, scalable innovative solutions that meet the product vision and market demands. Responsibilities span all phases of software product development including:
o Collaborate with Business teams to ensure completeness and common
understanding of product vision, roadmap & requirements.
o Align with architects and senior technologists on proper architecture and
o Lead agile engineering teams to deliver end-to-end technical solutions that
exceed product expectations.
o Drive strong client focus mindset within the team.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Mentor and build world-class high performing global engineering teams.
- Handle routine daily activities such as coordination, coaching, mentoring, recruiting, budgeting, planning, delivery, quality, partner relationships, performance metrics, operations, efficiency, service level management, etc.
- Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality. Initiate and foster relationships with other groups
- Manages Headcount, deliverables, schedule and cost for the organizations ensuring that resources are appropriately allocated and that Goals, Objectives, Timelines and Budget are met in accordance with organizational metrics and business plans.
- Hire and retain world-class talents to deliver data platform projects.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
- Requires 12+ years of experience, at least 3 years of which were in leading engineering teams
- Experience demonstrating strong leadership, self-motivation, accountability, and team player.
- Extensive technical experience with developing application on full stack of HTTP, JSON, Rest, databases, Java or .Net, Big data. Analytics experience is a plus.
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and interaction skills, along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable success metrics. Experience with measuring a service from user experience perspective, setting and tracking to SLAs and KPIs
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support organizational plans
- Ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ready to challenge the status-quo, and drive innovative ideas