Staff SW Engineer, VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) Applications
Qualifications Basic Qualification
- Maintain and enhance the Visa Integrated Payment (VIP) system
- Provide support and problem resolution for the VIP system
- Ensure that the standard software development life cycle and coding standards are followed
- Develop technical specifications from high level business requirements
- Technical analysis, design, coding, unit testing for new development
- Work with architects, systems analysts, project managers, QA and other developers to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high quality product that meets technical requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- Participate in various project meetings and review gates
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of software design and development experience.
- Must have atleast 3+ years development experience on a Transaction Processing Facility (TPF) Operating System.
- Experience in developing real-time high volume payment systems is desirable.
- Excellent C/C++ and OO methodology and coding skills
- Familiarity with IBM Assembler, VPARS, TPF Toolkit and VM environment is desirable
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required
- Proven experience in all application development activities to successfully implement solutions in a highly complex environment
- Proven ability to use efficient coding techniques to produce well-structured, easily maintainable code
- Ability to develop technical specifications from high-level business requirements
- Ability to work well with a team in a high performance organization
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and maintain focus.