Storage & Backup Engineer
Job Description: Storage & Backup Engineer's responsibilities include the following activities:
- Development of policy and procedures as they relate to Storage & Backup, maintenance, security.
- Scheduling backup and restoration according to the request.
- Providing backup reports.
- Performing Storage administrative such as allocating LUN from array to host, reclaiming LUN after host retirement, performance tuning, etc.
- Performing SAN switch administrative such as zoning updates, FC cable labeling, etc.
- Working with vendors on all Storage setup and configuration.
- Monitoring data growth capacity and report proactively when there is insufficient storage space.
- Installing and upgrading and configuring Backup Server, clients.
- Contacting vendors for technical support.
- Minimum of 4 years of employment experience as a Storage & Backup Engineer including 2 years of experience on EMC and Symantec NetBackup.
- Demonstrable competence in Windows and Unix Operating Systems.
- Must have either a Diploma or Degree in Computer Science or a relevant discipline.
- Must have a clear understanding of various Storage & Backup technologies (e.g. EMC, NetBackup, etc.).
- Must have extensive working knowledge on Storage & Backup admin, troubleshooting on Unix and Wintel platforms.
- Must have good analytical thinking & troubleshooting skills.
- Must have good communication & documentation skills, including command over the English Language.