See job description for details
DESCRIPTION Company Profile:
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile:
SAS is a business JV between MS IBD/GCM and PWM Asia, focused on driving cooperation between Asia wealth management and investment banking arms, to cover the most important private clients holistically. SAS draws on Morgan Stanley’s global connections to open doors to a world of opportunities in which the fortunes of family and business flourish side by side.
We are currently seeking an experienced Vice President to build our SAS team in Singapore. Successful candidates will become our key member working closely with Singapore-based Investment Representatives on a diverse range of transactions and client referrals. Primary Responsibilities:
- Working with UHNW clients to identify corporate finance and capital markets opportunities with the support of our investment banking colleagues
- Referring IBD clients to PWM Asia for access to our global wealth advisory and management services
- Offering “institutional” investor products (e.g. private equity direct investment, private placements, strategic investment opportunities) to top private banking clients and family offices
- At least 6 years of experience in corporate finance, investment banking, consulting, or private banking
- Experience interacting directly with external clients
- Fluent in Mandarin to service clients in the region
- Ability to build" rapport" with investment bankers, private bankers and key clients
- Keen interest in financial markets
- A positive, motivated, can-do attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data
- You are results-driven, perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
- You articulate complex ideas simply and summarize them effectively
- You are committed to excellence in your work and maintain high professional and ethical standards
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.