This role sits in the Global Structured Trade Finance team within BP’s supply and trading business (IST). The team facilitates IST’s business growth by partnering with credit, trading and origination teams, executes risk cover and liquidity transactions as well as structures more complex deals by combining various financing and risk distribution solutions.
A key focus of the role is supporting the forward-looking growth aspirations of IST, which often leans on higher-risk geographies (emerging markets) and counterparties, integrated financing structures and the need for stronger credit mitigation capabilities.
The role draws on experience and contacts at financial institutions to provide bespoke risk mitigation and liquidity management solutions tailor-made to meet specific needs of IST.
You will build enduring relationships with banks and financial institutions and engage in negotiations / discussions of suitable financing structures.
Being part of regional team, you will be able to leverage trade finance best practices and exchange experience across IST in support of commercial activities globally.
Primary focus of the role in Singapore is South – East Asia & Pacific with a greater focus on China.
- Structure and execute liquidity / working capital and risk cover solutions (trade credit insurance, discounting, transfer ownership transactions and other off-balance sheet structures) in support of commercial transactions;
- Lead the negotiating of structured trade finance documents, such as bank purchase agreements, prepayments, risk participation agreements;
- Book risk cover with banks and/or insurers as directed by Credit for effective risk mitigation. Maintain relationship with the insurance brokers to ensure the best possible terms are negotiated and cover remains valid;
- Own the process of deal execution incl. documentation negotiations with the external & internal stakeholders as well as coordinate and communicate within the deal team;
- Seamless and cooperative partnership across the business, including Trading, Origination, Credit, Treasury, Legal and other functional teams
- Min Degree in relevant studies
- Experience in developing and implementing financing and transaction structures, within a commercial / investment bank, an energy trading enterprise or both
- General knowledge of the legal concepts underpinning trade and commodities finance, experience working with various South-East Asian jurisdictions is a plus
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in the commodity trading space
- Ability to build and maintain good banking relations;
- Adept at building and maintaining strong, cooperative working relationships across various organizational levels – both internally and with key external partners and counterparties
- Comfortable adapting role and input to needs of situation, ability to work in a fast pace multifunctional environment;
- Self-directed high performer with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills, attention to details