An exciting Systems Engineer job opportunity has just arisen at a leading company in Singapore.
About the Systems Engineer Role:
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure, you will work closely with all technology teams across the organisation.
- Day-to-day management, maintenance, support, and optimisation of the IT network and systems in the APAC region
- Work to define the IT requirements of the business and ensure IT services meet or exceed the service level agreements. You will also work to address IT problems & faults, manage changes, make updates, conduct maintenance, plan, test and deliver projects, enhance operations processes, optimise network and system services, and monitor and report IT performance against required metrics
- Ensure appropriate platform/cloud (compute/storage) operation to the business so customers can accomplish their business tasks and transact with our systems. This includes triaging, prioritising, documenting, reporting, maintaining platforms and services as well as actively resolving customer support requests
- Problem resolution; use diagnostic tools and problem-solving processes as well as manage and record work flow in a Service Management tool. You should have advanced experience with cloud management, server/storage systems, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity
- Identify and justify the implementation of new technology/processes
To succeed in this Systems Engineer role, you will need strong end-to-end knowledge of infrastructure, systems and microsoft.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in an IT related field or equivalent extensive technical experience of at least five years
- ITIL certified, ideally to intermediate/practitioner level with demonstrable knowledge of methods, techniques and tools for planning and organising
- Extensive experience of working with conflicting, highly complex information
- Strong vendor management experience
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, including site level failover
- A proven track record of running an infrastructure operations environment to the highest professional standards, including strong service, operation, and delivery process/documentations standards
- Continuous process improvement orientation and experience in an operational context
- Experience with Change and Release Management and ITIL Service Management methodologies
- Industry certifications desirable but not required, e.g. MCSE, CCNA, CCA
- Project Management qualification e.g. Prince 2, APMP would be advantageous, not essential
- Undergraduate Degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Science or Management Information Systems (MIS) or science-based discipline or similar level of experience
- Industry certifications desirable but not required, e.g. MCSE, CCNA, CCNE, ITIL
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Active Directory Services
- Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Exchange and Office 365
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit/Windows Deployment Services
- Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop and other thin client technologies
- Network Switching and Routing
- Monitoring Systems and Protocols
- Storage / SAN Technologies
- Telephony Services and Unified Communications
- VMware, Linux
This organisation needs no introduction and is recognised as a key leader within the financial services field. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The business is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Systems Engineer job in Singapore.
Apply now to learn more.
Robert Walters (Singapore) Pte Ltd
ROC No.: 199706961E | EA Licence No.: 03C5451
EA Registration No.: R1440023 Brett Lockett