Systems Engineer - End User Services
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Systems Engineer - End user Services
Tracing our history to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over USD 1.1 trillion in client assets under management as of 30 September 2020, we serve as a trusted adviser to clients in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are seeking a Systems Analyst to join the End User Services Team. This role will provide global technical support to the End User Computing environment.
The End User Services Team provides support, maintenance, and delivery of all aspects of the End User Computing environment both physical and virtual. This includes platform stability, security, OS deployments and upgrades, patch management, software packaging and deployment. The team also manages and maintains the SCCM infrastructure.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot image deployments for Windows physical (desktop, laptop, tablet) computers.
- VDI machine deployments\\troubleshooting\\performance analysis.
- Troubleshoot software install\\deployment\\update issues.
- Deploy and troubleshoot Group Policy changes at the Enterprise level.
- Provide primary level 3 support to Deskside Support Teams.
- Building queries, data gathering and reporting to aid support and maintenance of the end user computing environment.
- Ensure adherence to established IT standards and processes while proactively highlighting opportunities for improvement.
- Advocate for the end user at all times and proactively manage risk, impact and user experience at all times.
- Ensure all issues are logged appropriately and escalated as necessary using the Incident and Problem management process
- Communicate clearly with stakeholders to ensure they are kept up to date this progress on open issues, and follow-up on all open and pending issues
- Escalate issues to the wider support teams, vendors and team leads as necessary
- Identify persistent problems, and work with wider teams to resolve
- Provide training and guidance on best practices to our user community
- Look for service improvement and ticket reduction opportunities
- Ensure controls and policies are adhered to at all times
QUALIFICATIONS & Experience
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Previous experience working in an IT support role
- Experience of SCCM Software\\Image\\Patch deployment and troubleshooting
- Excellent knowledge of MS Windows10\\O365
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DNS and DHCP
- Powershell scripting experience
- Demonstrated ownership of Level-3 desktop support issues, while working closely with Levels 1&2, other internal teams and 3rd Party vendor support
- Solid communications skills for documentation and knowledge transfer upon problem resolution
- Ability to work independently without intensive oversight.
- Experience in working with global teams
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Positive, team centric attitude
- Committed to continual improvement
Systems Engineer - End User Services LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .