We are looking for someone who is:
- Efficiently manage the tax filing and payment deadlines, coordinate with financial controllership or other functions to collate the relevant information and manage payments etc,
- Liaise with external tax vendors and review their work;
- Gather and provide the information needed in the event of a field tax scrutiny / appeal / controversy.
- Handle tax accounting and reconciliations.
- Support on the M&A activity and any post-merger tax integrations.
- Support on ad-hoc tax planning projects
- A self-starter with ability to work independently in fast-paced and flexible corporate environment
- Strong in verbal and written communication skills. Ability to articulate complex tax issues to non-tax teams
- Curious and enthusiastic, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
- A good communicator who can build strong working relationships with external and internal teams
- Able to work in a cross border / virtual team environment
- Bachelor's degree in accounting / current CPA designation, MBA, MS in Tax, or other relevant advanced degree
- Minimum of 3-6 years of experience in APAC tax management in a multi-national company.
- Prior tax accounting / auditing experience at Big 4 will be an advantage
- Familiarity with ERP platforms, Tax management softwares, SOX requirements, and tax audit representation
- Recent experience with tax technology tools (e.g., OneSource Tax Compliance, Hyperion, CorpTax, etc.) and their implementation will be extremely helpful
Cognizant (NASDAQ: CTSH) is a leading provider of information technology, consulting, and business process services, dedicated to helping the world's leading companies build stronger businesses. Headquartered in Teaneck, New Jersey (U.S.), Cognizant combines a passion for client satisfaction, technology innovation, deep industry and business process expertise, and a global, collaborative workforce that embodies the future of work. Cognizant is a member of the NASDAQ-100, the S&P 500, the Forbes Global 2000, and the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top performing and fastest growing companies in the world.