TTS APAC Technology Payments and Receivables Tech Analyst
Excited to grow your career?
We value our talented employees, and whenever possible strive to help one of our associates grow professionally before recruiting new talent to our open positions. If you think the open position you see is right for you, we encourage you to apply! Our people make all the difference in our success.
Payments Technology Tech Analyst is an intermediate level position responsible for participation in the establishment and implementation of new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to applications systems analysis for Asia Payments & Receivables initiatives covering Instant Payments, Cross-border, Domestic payments processing applications.. Responsibilities:
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements.
- Review Business requirements and prepare functional requirement specifications documents, Interface documents and walk-through on the specification to stakeholders/ vendor/relevant teams.
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Serve as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Works independently on several concurrent complex initiatives and devises project definitions to solve complex business problems considering business processes and/or systems capability to achieve desired results.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Around 10 years of relevant experience in Application Development or systems analysis role - Techno functional analyst.
- Extensive experience in payments (Instant Payments, Domestic(LCY,FCY), Cross border , RTGS , Tax, GIRO, Return Payments)
- Experience or knowledge on Asia countries clearing systems.
- Experience in managing and implementation of complex, major projects with multiple partners systems covering Global, Regional and In-Country.
- Knowledge on SWIFT, RTGS, and ISO20022 messages formats
- Exceptional communicating, influencing and engagement skills across all levels in the organization. Carefully listens to management, technologists, and partners to devise the best design and explains complex concepts to non-technical colleagues
- Well versed with agile methodology of software development and practical experience leading product development using agile. Knowledge and experience in agile methodologies (Scrum, Safe etc.) and tools like JIRA, Confluence.
- Well versed with defining User Stories and/or working with the business to analyse requirements to guide the definition of user stories
- Experience in systems analysis and programming of software applications
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Working knowledge of consulting/project management techniques/methods
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines or unexpected changes in expectations or requirements
- Knowledge in scripting language like Java, SQL to analyse data is a plus
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting