Team Head, Business Support - AIMS (Associate Director / Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Team Head, Business Support! !
Dedicated business support resource to augment the management capacity & client-facing time of the Department Head and the Team Leads in AIMS and to provide focused management of the AIMS support team. The role will develop and maintain frameworks, minimum standards and a consistent approach to management of topics such as business analytics, pipeline management and policy/procedure maintenance. The role would also aggregate needs for system tools and be the senior business rep for AIMS on key projects.
The focus will be on business management including financial analysis, operating plan, strategic projects, administrative functions, financial and other management support activities for the AIMS business. The role requires a solid understanding of the Asset management business ideally with experience gained in either or both the Mutual Fund and the Alternative asset management businesses, strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to collaborate and influence to achieve objectives and deliver practical results. An interest and experience analyzing and interpreting data using tools such as Tableau, Qlikview or Power BI would be a distinct advantage. Mandate:
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- SME for all underlying business processes within AIMS
- Primary point of contact & coordination between AIMS and the key partners within the organization for all business & change management activities
- Central management & oversight of business strategies, plans, performance/cost management initiatives and management reporting
- Central production of Management Information
- Effective oversight of governance & control issues to drive proper behavior in the Advisory & Sales processes i.e Cross-border business, Investment & Product Suitability, Order Taking Standards & Pricing, Audits & Inspections
- Support change management initiatives by representing AIMS at various working groups and forums. Work with key stakeholders to ensure process changes and solutions are sustainable and obtain buy-in from the AIMS leadership.
- Operate as a conduit for AIMS in streamlining businesses processes by escalating gaps & inefficiencies to the technology teams and application owners. Initiate tactical improvements to existing practices where required.
- Manage the repository of AIMS business process documentation
- Monitor sales performance, keep abreast of the market trends, the competition and be prepared to instigate initiatives & business reviews to keep traction with financial targets
- Conduct financial planning and sales management for PMG including tracking of expenses, hires, recruitment, KPI, product performance etc.
- Secretariat for selected management meetings and responsible for managing the tracking and closure of deliverables
- Support senior management with ad hoc presentations for key meetings such as sales forum, off sites etc.
- Ensure compliance with Group Policies and Standards by driving a regular review of the Control results with the Department Manager & Team Leads and propose corrective actions where required - Tone from the Top risk culture
- Manage internal or external audits, inspections, training and ad-hoc administrative
- Bachelor's degree level qualification. Candidates from other backgrounds, but with work experience in related fields may be considered.
- Solid demonstrable experience in working directly with Senior Management in a business management, risk and governance and change management (including technology) capacity within Private Banking.
- Knowledge of the Asset management industry ideally with experience gained in either or both the Mutual Fund and the Alternative asset management businesses
- Proven track record of project-managing and delivering cross-functional projects on time with minimal impact on users
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Front Office controls, risk policies, procedures and requirements in the context of both the Singapore and Hong Kong regulations
- Meticulous, focused and a demonstrated ability to work independently under time pressure, from start to finish
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work as an integral part of a larger team, over multiple, concurrent projects, across a variety of topics
- Highly energetic and affirmative, with a positive, influential style even in the face of challenging circumstances
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and other tools (specifically MS Excel and PowerPoint)