- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 23 Jan 18
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.
- Embed the new target operating model in Wealth/Private Banbking Operations
- Represent operations needs within the overall Enable program (implementation of enhanced T24 system) and provide end to end support (vet suitability of operational soloutions, vet/fianlise change request, participate in product acceptance testing/user acceptance testing, assist in operational go-live including post go live stabilisation of operations and embedding of new process & controls)
- Improve client experience by standardising client facing operations process end to end, increasing STP and improving process cycle time;
- Drive operational efficiency and improve scale
- Simplify, standardize, and digitise operations
This role is for key position in Operaitons Change Management team with Global Private Banking/Wealth Management Operations for helping in establishing a robust target operating model, process standards and operational processes and controls across the Private Banking - Wealth Management Operations network. The global team provides support to Wealth product and sales front office functions for the business growth and service delivery. This covers technology and operations for an array of investment and bancassurance products. The Private Banking/Wealth Management Operation global teams consists of 750+ staff in 25+ locations.
The candidate will help with the migration of operational processes to the new target operating model including post go live stabilisation of operations and embedding of new process & controls across Private Banking/Wealth Management Operations and help in constant improvement of the processes and controls through digitisation, standardisation, and increase in operational efficiency and engagement with Operations Heads within PvB Operatons and WMO, Technology - PvB & Wealth, Product - WM/WMPS, Operations Risk - PvB & WM, ITO - Product Risk & Control and other group functions. The candidate together with Head Private Banking Operations and Head Wealth Management Operations will take the lead to improve process efficiency, improve controls, reduce risks, train staff and increase client experience. The candidate will help in keeping the global documents updated from time to time as per the requirement.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Represent operations' needs within the overall enable program. Vet suitability of operational soloutions and there dependency and relationship with other business streams.
- Assist to vet change requests and where needed, assist in finalisation of 'change requests'.
- Represent operations in project working group, program working group, and change control board.
- Participate in product acceptance testing and function as overall representative of operations.
- Lead, train and maintain a dedicated group of users who can function as subject matter experts as well as participate in user acceptance testing.
- Assist in implementation of the project by co-ordinating operational go-live activities.
- Migration of operational processes to the new target operating model including post go live stabilisation of operations and embedding of new process & controls.
- Assistance in realisation of target operating model benefits.
- Systematic monitoring and reporting of 'status of operations' during project phase till 6 months of post go live.
* L&C - Private Banking / Wealth Management
* Operation Risk - PvB & WM
* Country Heads - Retail and Wealth Operations/ Private Banking Operations
* GBS Heads - PvB Ops / WMO (India, Malaysia, China)
* COO's of WM / WMPS /PvB
* Operational Risk Manager for WM / PvB
* Project Leads (Group & Country) - Enable
Qualifications and Skills
- Prior experience of working with T-24, Model Bank. Good knowledge of various modules and functionalities.
- Good understanding of Wealth Products (Equities, Bonds, Structured Products, Commodity linked products, Derivatives, Funds, Trust, and Bancassurance)
- Ability to work with stakeholders and vendors and ensure timely delivery of solutions/enhancements/fixes.
- Prior experience of co-ordination or management of project rollout
- Good documentation skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic work environment that requires support for changes in processes.
- Team player with the ability to operate independently and influence team outside direct controls
- Soft skills: Trustworthy, communicate effectively, be brave and honest, be a great listener, be organized, be reliable
- Ability to prioritise/reprioritise assignments and meet delivery deadlines
- Degree in Engineering, or IT
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 16/12/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.