Technical Data Analyst (1-year contract)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as a Technical Data Analyst
in our Bankwide Data, Risk & Reporting Team
of Operations and Technology (O&T) Department!
Bank of Singapore is currently looking for a qualified candidate to assist the Data Engineering Team's operational and analytical needs. The Data Analyst will work alongside the data warehouse and engineering team to provide data related support, data investigation, research, data management and data reporting. The Data Analyst role will troubleshoot and investigate data anomalies and issues along by working directly with the data engineers to follow through and get the issues fixed. This person will also assist in building predictive systems to help catch issues before they arise and assist in building and support financial reporting. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in joining a lean, innovative group with the possibility of tremendous career development in data engineering and asset data management. Responsibilities:
As our Data Analyst, you will be instrumental in analyzing data discrepancies and data lineage in our asset acquisition lifecycle and assist with solving data problems. This is a brand-new position at Data Competency vertical.
- Perform extensive data validation/quality assurance analysis within large datasets
- Build proactive data validation automation to catch data integrity issues
- Ability to organize and lead meetings with business and operational data owners
- Coordinate and communicate between business users and the data warehouse organization, balancing requirements and resources to solve business problems
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve data issues
- Ability to build Qlik-view/ Qlik-sense reports preferred
- Work closely with engineering and operations to document business processes
- Work independently and with team members to understand database structure and business processes
- Identify opportunities to improve data and business processes utilizing SQL, Python, R, or C#
- Help form data management and governance processes within the data engineering team
- Graduate degree in statistics, math, computer science, physics or other technical related fields; Master's degree is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in technical data analysis, data science, or data warehousing with proven business analysis experience
- Experience in at least one or more languages: SQL, R, Python, C#
- Experience writing TSQL, views, stored procedures, functions and triggers
- Experience with SQL Server
- Excellent presentation, writing, and Excel skills are a must
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about data and analyzing business needs
- Previous experience on a data team in an agile environment preferred.
- Provide timely, valuable solutions for ad hoc analyses via SQL with a focus to detail on crafting scripts that can be easily manipulated to efficiently address similar future analyses
- Good understanding Reference Data management, on Data Governance, Data dictionary/metadata, Data lineage & Control tool, Data Quality (DQ) DETECTION (Data Profiling, Profile Outcome), DQ- Report And Monitor, DQ - Exception Handling
- Good to have Hands-on experience on the Data analytics using IBM Watson Studio analytics, Data dictionary using IBM Infosphere Governance Catalog with Services and IBM Information Analyzer.
- Hands-on experience on the Hadoop ecosystem, HDFS, Teradata, Spark preferred
- Develop in-depth plans and major milestones that must be approved by top management during the planning and design phases of the project.
- Good Communication and Stakeholder engagement experience preferred to manage Finance, Risk and CDO.