Technical Data Engineer (Associate Director / Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
Start your career with Bank of Singapore as an Data Engineer
in the IT Engineering team! !
Bank of Singapore is currently looking for a qualified candidate to assist the Data Engineering Team's operational and analytical needs. The Technical Data Engineer will work alongside Data Analytics and big data platform (Hadoop) and engineering team to provide data related support, data ingestion, data interface for unstructured/structured data, data analytics and data management. This person will also assist in building interfaces from various upstream systems and ingest the data into Microsoft SQL server 2019 / Cloudera Hadoop data store and build the enterprise visualization tool. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in innovative group with the possibility of tremendous career development in data engineering, big data management, data analytics and enterprise data visualization tool. A little more about this role:
As our Technical Data Engineer, you will be instrumental in big data coding and work in Hadoop-ecosystem. This is a brand-new position at Data Competency vertical.
- Perform extensive unstructured data ingestion into Hadoop
- Strong knowledge of Anaconda, Data BI tool, Python, SPARK, Java Scala, HIVE and Beeline with hands on experience
- Ability to organize and lead meetings with business and operational data owners
- Experience in integrating data processes with architecture requirements used across company
- Understand Hadoop-ecosystem and Data Engineering activities as well as loading data from several disparate datasets and documentation
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve data issues
- Analytical skill to perform data profiling and data visualization
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall framework
- Work closely with engineering and operations to document business processes
- Work independently and with team members to understand database structure and business processes
- Help form data management and governance processes within the data engineering team
- Graduate degree in statistics, math, computer science, physics or other technical related fields; Master's degree is preferred
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in technical data analysis, data science, or data warehousing with proven business analysis experience
- Experience in at least one or more languages: SPARK, Java Scala, Python
- Hands on experience or knowledge of minimum one mainstream cloud infrastructures: AWS, MS Azure and GCP; ability to implement data lake.
- Good to have Hands-on experience on the Hadoop, MangoDB,SPARK, Scala, HIVE, Kafka ,Beelin…etc
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about data and analyzing business needs
- Previous experience on a data team in an agile environment preferred
- Hands-on experience on the Hadoop ecosystem, HDFS, Hadoop, Spark, Scala preferred
- Develop in-depth plans and major milestones that must be approved by top management during the planning and design phases of the project.