Technical Design Manager
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
Development Champion on Talend, Java, Hadoop and Automation framework specialist As part of CDO Tools and Engineering team , SCB is seeing senior development champion and framework automation specialist based in singapore.
The candidate should have a passion for quality delivery, Agile and automation in its all dimensions and process a solid record of accomplishment of software development and delivery, solution design and stakeholders management. The candidate would have a strong hands-on experience in Talend,Java,Hadoop and Shell scripting along with working experience in Teradata and other relational databases.
We are seeking a talented and motivated full stack software development lead to join a high performing engineering team to roll out BIG data solutions for SCB customers. The candidate must be a skilled professional who has E2E software development experience with a desire to work on an Agile, dynamic, and flat organisational structure.
The candidate will be expected to own, and represent the specialist capacity to a section of the Bank, dynamic in understanding the business requirements and convert into standard reusable frameworks, design automation strategies for project and application teams. The successful candidate will be an SME on various Bigdata ETL tools, providing solutions and support for various projects, maintaining the standard framework of codes, enhance them and plan for the roadmap and future upgrades. He should actively involve in vendor interactions, planning and execute them in consistent manner. A key dimension will be to raise the quality of specification and planning across the Bank in general. While project teams will normally own and perform application specific module development , this champion is expected to review, understand, tune them for performance optimization and engage and execute the complex modules at the beginning for critical projects and handover to juniors, so a strong element of individual contribution is expected, and candidates must be prepared for and relish this
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with wider applications teams, develop, maintain, fine-tune, coach and guide in the following areas:
- Talend ETL design and development, Java & scala routines development and integrate them with ETL framework, Standard automation framework development, Performance tuning, developing online streaming, ingestion and transformation modules
- Work closely with Hadoop Engineering Team and application teams to identify the changes on the platform-side , redesign and develop the common framework as and when necessary
- Interaction with Release & Deployment management(DevOps) team to automate code promotion from development to production
- Support BAU and production support team in solving production problems/bugs and perform SME support
- Promote adoption and rollout of Agile and modern software engineering practices;
- Drive innovative software engineering practices and architecture design;
- Work with other technology teams to establish frameworks for delivering online capability
- Ensure risks, issues, and schedules are appropriately managed following agile principles.
- Collaborate and support operations team;
- Constantly analyze and improve the performance and quality of the product and team;
- Able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements;
- Successful implementation of Agile practices and tools;
- Feedback from stakeholder groups;
- Ability to solve complex software development/design issues using clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Self-starter, capable of working individually and able to deliver projects from scratch, Willing to support variety of tools, Ability to develop and deliver with quick-turnaround time.
- Values working in a team, Strong team player and good interpersonal skills
- Has a large appetite for performance enhancements and automation
- Strong Experience in: Talend, Java, Scala, Hadoop, Shell scripting, Teradata
- Experience is banking or financial institution with the understanding of compliance and security policies while supporting multiple countries
- Experience in managing and setup common ETL framework
- Configuration and deployment tools experience
- Support upgrades, patching, bug fixing during week-ends