- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 01 Nov 17
Technical Design Manager (Hadoop/EDM)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group operating for over 150 years in Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We've built a successful and sustainable business by playing a fundamental role in economies, helping people and businesses grow and achieve their aspirations. With over 89,000 employees representing 127 nationalities, we value the diversity and unique perspectives amongst our people. We are committed to developing their strengths and enabling them to make a difference to our success by helping them fulfil their potential.
To lead a team of Hadoop developers and deliver EDMp projects involving Hadoop
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the Design and Develop complex solutions in EDMp Hadoop Platform
2. Must possess excellent understanding of HADOOP echo systems. Will be able to Design, Implement And Deploy Custom Applications On Hadoop
3. Hands on experience in Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Hive, Pig, impala, Hortonworks
4. Create technical design documents
5. Collaborate and engage with EDMp teams in GTO Review and approve Technical Design Documents, Development and Coding Standards
6. Ensure adherence to EDM Architecture Standards and EDM Platform performance standards
7. Organize / Conduct user walk-through / training sessions on EDM Platform Technology
8. Align with the bank process and standards and ensure there are no deviations
Qualifications and Skills
Skill / Experience Requirement:
- 2 to 10 years of Hadoop Development experience
- Hands on experience in Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Hive, Pig, impala, Hortonworks
- Strong knowledge in Java or Scala, Spark SQL, Map Reduce, Hive, HBase, Shell Scripting
- Understand basics of Yarn architecture , Unix platform
- Experience on DWH; Teradata DWH & Hortonworks Hadoop experience preferred
- Understands technology and how it is applied to business problems.
- Strong knowledge of purpose and intention of developed solutions.
- Ability to define and articulate business requirements and how the solution fits the requirements
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and willingness to work under pressure.
- Ability to multi task and balance the demands of various parties
- Strong and clear communication and written skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management.
- Has Initiative, creativity and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to liaise effectively with individuals at various levels of the organization
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.