About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
This role in Global Banking Technology is within CECF for the position of Full stack technical specialist. Position will be key to strategic programme to deliver enhancements and provide maintenance support for CECF & CLDM suite of applications.WorkBench is the single platform for all client-facing staff to manage their client relationships and perform activities on behalf of their clients. It is designed to provide superior client management by aggregating everything we know about our clients, automates key business processes and provides a platform for collaboration across all businesses in the Wholesale Bank.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work with business team to understand the business processes and user requirements
- Independently contribute to design and development of solutions
- Collaborate with BA and interfacing teams in common controls developments, prototyping
- Improve code quality statistics, participate/drive code reviews and continuously reduce technical debt
- Study existing engineering processes and contribute to improvements to drive up efficiencies
- Collaborate with teams globally to deliver, present ideas and innovate
- Model behaviours that facilitate Agile delivery
- Exhibit passion for client experience with a user-first mindset
Ideal candidate must have proven credentials of delivering in world class engineering teams. With a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent discipline, he/she must have relevant experience fulfilling responsibilities of the position. Must be a confident self-starter with ability to collaborate and devise solutions. Relevant industry certifications are an added plus. Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and frameworks is required. Core Competencies: Strongly Desired competencies:
- Strong domain knowledge in Client Lifecycle Management and CRM space
- Strong working experience in designing and developing enterprise applications using Java EE platforms
- Strong working knowledge in Java Features like Streams, Collections, Lambda
- Good Understanding on Functional Programming, Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals like Classloading, Memory Management etc.
- Proficient in building applications using JDK and able to use Java API like Collections, Enumerated Data Types, Thread, Concurrency API.
- Proficient in handling build tools like Apache Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate, MyBatis and Open JPA).
- Hands-on experience in using the Relational Database Management Systems like Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Working knowledge on Dependency Injection Frameworks like Spring, Blueprint is preferred.
- Working knowledge on the JMS / AMQP Specification and extended expertise in using Apache ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka.
- Extended expertise in deploying applications in the Cloud Infrastructure - i.e., AWS, Cloud Foundry, etc.
- Working knowledge on the distributed computing, clustering - replications and sharding, etc.
- Solid understanding on the Transaction Management. Should be proficient in writing SQL scripts using ANSI SQL standards and Native SQL.
- Experience in containerization technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
- Working knowledge on Search technologies like Solr, Elasticsearch etc.
- Good understanding on BPMN process and working knowledge with BPMN tools like Camunda, jBPM etc.
- Good fundamental skills on Unit testing and code coverage
- Experience with automated unit testing
- Build Microservices using Spring Boot
- Know SQL Databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, Graph QL databases like Neo4j
- Understanding of Deployment Model like High Availability, Clustering, Load Balancing, etc.,
- Query Optimization techniques - Indexing, Full Table Scan, etc.,
- Reporting APIs like Jasper, iText PDF, etc.
- Understanding on monitoring tools like Logstash, Kibana
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.