Technology Lead, Desktop Services
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Provide technical leadership within the programme, to ensure technical solutions meet programme requirements, are consistent with bank standards, and ultimately deliver the aims of the programme.
- Work closely with End User Services leadership, and team members to design and implement technical solutions across the approved DWT projects, including
- Windows 10
- Java and Internet Explorer
- Office 365
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Ensures Domain and Product owners are fully engaged on new product solutions, effecting transition of any newly developed technologies during the Programme to appropriate Product and Support owners.
- Leads discussions on operational issues, and ensure timely resolution
- Acts as an escalation point for major incidents, problems or issues during the implementation of any programme activity and also during the BAU operation of the service.
- Proactively identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Collaborate with Engineering on approved technical roadmaps working with multi-vendors and multi-platforms with adherence to global technology strategy including best practices
- Supports comprehensive business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Contribute to execution plans and support models for technical infrastructure projects to upgrade or refresh supported systems.
- Develops documentation including processes and procedures for consistent maintenance and support across Operational COE's and within the Supported Regions
- Develops and contributes to policies, standards and procedures, and documentation of best practices/process improvements
- Demonstrate the ability to train on an document technical concepts and procedures and cross trains others in this area
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ensur e vendor relationships are appropriately managed and deliver value.
- >15 years of end user technology experience - focussing on various desktop technologies
- Vendor Interaction, understand the product/technology lifecycle, follow end-of-life and provide recommendation for changes/upgrades
- Demonstrates tactical ownership for the management and support of assigned infrastructure areas
- Participating in initiatives to maintain a secure, consistent, and effective global technical infrastructure service
- Demonstrates high analytical skills, Is self-motivated/directed
- Applies standards consistently across all solutions
- Demonstrates senior level technical skills and ability to successfully complete and resolve complex, non-routine solution designs to address programme requirements
- Demonstrates strategic foresight while employing hands-on technical skills on projects and work assignments
- Demonstrates ability to develop, organize and analyze performance metrics in their given function
- Delivers by possessing productivity, professionalism, customer service attitude, attention to detail and quality; ability to multitask; team focus, strong interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills and adherence to standard operating procedures
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and ability to take direction from multiple areas
The candidate should have experience in managing large transformation programmes, and should have deep hands on experience in :
- Windows Operating systems
- Desktop Builds and day to day operations
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, either VMWare or Citrix based solutions (or both)
- Implementing Virtual Desktop Infrastructure, and rolling out to large populations
- Desktop Operations strategy and services
- User upgrades and migrations
- Replication of desktop images
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: IT related tertiary qualification
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations:ITIL v3 Foundation
- Professional Memberships: None
- Languages: English
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .