Threat Detection Engineer
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 305 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
PayPal is looking for a team player to join our growing Cybersecurity Operations team. The Threat Detection Engineer will serve as a technical expert and will work closely with PayPal's Cyber Defense Center (CDC) to enhance the cyber detection capabilities across the entire PayPal environment. The Engineer will be responsible for building, testing, and implementing security alerts for use by the CDC. Successful candidates will possess a blend of general business, technology and security competencies. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and mature detection rules across various platforms and business units to improve our overall detection capabilities
- Create automated processes and workflows to reduce the improve detection and mitigation SLAs
- Perform end-to-end threat hunting cycle, including Purple Team exercises
- Provide situational awareness on the current threat landscape and the techniques, tactics and procedures associated with specific threats.
- Strong technical experience and familiarity with various techniques of cyber-attacks, MITRE att&ck framework, Purple Team concepts, incident response and threat hunting modelling
- 5 years of experience in Cybersecurity, ideally 2-3 years as a Security Operation Center (SOC) analyst \Working experience within a Security Operations Centre environment, improving SOC processes and work-flow related to security operations
- Deep understanding of tools and processes used in security incident detection and handling
- Programming and DB queries experience
- Attention to details, excellent analytical thinking, and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering/computing field
- Ability to work in a dynamic and multicultural environment, with a positive and professional attitude
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.