Trade Support & Settlements Specialist (Contract)
- Jun 10, 2021
An exciting contract role within Trade Support & Settlements with a major European bank located in the CBD! Read on to find out more and Apply!
This position has responsibilities in both Settlement as well as Trade Support services supporting the bank's front office businesses. The incumbent will ensure all risks associated with operations and settlements are identified, monitored and resolved promptly.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following Services within the team:
- Perform end to end processing for products such as FX/MM, Derivatives, Securities and Commercial Loan booked in Singapore and Hong Kong branch. This includes timely validation of trade bookings, prompt action on Confirmation matching, accurate settlements of trades, cash management, local payment clearing, post cash/trade break rectification and regulatory reporting to EMIR, MAS, HKMA, etc.
- To provide Trade Support services for transactions such as FX, FX Options, and financial derivatives trades booked in Singapore. This includes timely checking of trade bookings to ensure completeness, prompt action on confirmation matching to ensure any errors are rectified on trade date and CLS support. To also provide TFX support.
- Ensure trades are booked accurately and settled in a timely manner.
- Provide CLS In/Out swap processing.
- Perform confirmation matching for all locations.
- Liaise with Front Office, brokers and counterparties to investigate and resolve operational or settlement issues.
- Perform intraday FX/MM trade reconciliations and ensure all open trades and cash breaks are resolved promptly.
- Support Team Head in achieving efficiency and effectiveness of the processes within the team through change management and continuous process improvement.
- Support additional tasks assigned by Team Head and subject to job rotation.
Required skills and experience:
- At least 2-3 years' experience in similar capacity within Trade Support and/or Trade Settlements
- Strong product knowledge in wide range of financial instruments especially in area of bookings and settlements (such as fixed income instruments, financial derivative products, FX and MM products, structured products etc.)
- Well versed with regional and local market practices on clearing and settlements for various financial products.
- Has experience with the handling of standardised documentation for various financial products (such as ISDA etc.)
- Good understanding of relevant regulatory bodies (e.g. MAS) and rules as well as internal controls to ensure compliance to local laws/standards as well to head-office requirements.
- Has knowledge on local and international sanctions requirements.
- Service and customer oriented.
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to apply up-to-date knowledge and best practices to develop value-added solutions.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage daily workflow.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-driven and a good team player.
- Language skills in English essential.
- Act in line strictly with all internal and external laws, policies, and guidelines e.g. ComValues, Culture of Integrity, Code of Conduct, ABC Policy, TRM etc
If you are keen on this role please Apply now!
EA Licence No: 11C5502 | EAP Registration No: R1329079