Trading Systems Engineer - Singapore
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- Mako Group
- 03 Aug 18 2018-08-03
Mako runs a proprietary technology stack across multiple locations to trade listed derivatives on global exchanges. The trading technology platform is developed entirely in-house and comprises highly optimised C++ code running on Linux operating systems and specialist hardware in remote locations. The role of the Graduate Trading Systems Engineer/SRE is to ultimately take full responsibility for this footprint in the APAC region. This will include ensuring high uptime and reliability, effective and prompt troubleshooting and identifying areas of improvement to enable greater scalability of the technology.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team in Singapore work side by side with some of the brightest and most experienced traders and technologists in the industry and to become a vital part of our global business. Full training will be provided on all aspects of technology used at Mako and will likely involve time spent at our offices in London and Sydney.
- Ensure the smooth running of the Mako production systems in the APAC region
- Facilitate collaborative working practices by working closely with traders, developers, infrastructure engineers and data analysts across the business
- Identify and report bugs in the system and take responsibility for the resolution cycle
- Maintain and tune Mako’s trading system and hardware to obtain optimal performance with a view to continuous improvement and enhancement
- Automate processes wherever possible to improve efficiency; reduce support workload and increase engineering productivity
- Update and configure trading applications
- Build and implement tools and processes to help the team test, deploy and where necessary rollback software upgrades and fixes.
- Investigating new or existing issues and attempting to understand and reproduce them in order to diagnose and find acceptable solutions
- Define and implement methods to monitor and measure performance of the Mako systems
- Minimum 2.1 (or equivalent) undergraduate degree in Computer Science / Mathematical or Science related subject
- Desirable skills and experience:
- C++, Python, SQL, Bash Scripting.
- Linux/UNIX administration, Performance monitoring and Networking
- Git and CI tools – Jenkins, Gitlab etc.
- Jira or other ticket management software.
- Motivated, energetic and passionate with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- A desire to work across a broad range of responsibilities
- Energetic and able to liaise with staff from all departments at all levels of the company
- A willingness to promote constant collaboration across functions
- Strong communication skills
- Proactive and able to demonstrate the ability to follow issues through to resolution
- Diligent work ethic with strong attention to detail
- Ability to think ‘outside-of-the-box’ and see the bigger picture
- A desire to constantly innovate through technology
- A passion to continuously learn new technologies and skills
- Previous experience in software development, DevOps or systems administration is highly advantageous