Trainee - 12 months' Contract - Trade Support - Banking Operations Singapore
• Provide first level support and control to trading and sales desks.
• Deal validation between FO input against external sources
• Monitoring irregular transactions, late booking or lately amended or cancelled trades without justification
• Fixing of NDF, CMS, NDIRS, NDSwap
• Monitoring the feeding of electronic executed trades for fail trade
• Assist in trade life cycle event management such as exercise, fixing, expiry, novation, early termination and etc.
• Assist in queries and issues raised by business partners (FO, BO, Accounting team and etc)
• Assist in amendment or cancellation of booking when it's required
• End of Day reconciliation between FO blotter and system input Profile Required ACADEMIC BACKGROUND AND CERTIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE
• Tertiary education in Banking & Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
• Confident and fluent in English
• Any relevant internships would be well regarded
This is a fixed term 12 month Trainee contract with Societe Generale. You will form part of the team on a full time basis. In order to apply for the Trainee position please ensure you have completed your qualification and will be available to work full time for the duration of the Trainee contract.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Business Insight Company Description
Societe Generale* is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified and integrated banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognised on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams.
Societe Generale has been playing a vital role in the economy for 150 years. With more than 145,000 employees, based in 66 countries, we serve on a daily basis 31 million clients throughout the world. Societe Generale's teams offer advice and services to individual, corporate and institutional customers in three core businesses:
• Retail banking in France with the Societe Generale branch network, Credit du Nord and Boursorama, offering a comprehensive range of multi-channel financial services at the leading edge of digital innovation;
• International retail banking, insurance and financial services to corporates with a presence in developing economies and leading specialised businesses;
• Corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services, with recognised expertise, top international rankings and integrated solutions. Societe Generale in Asia Pacific
Societe Generale's first presence in Asia dates back from the 19th century. Today, we have offices in 12 locations across Asia Pacific.
With our regional headquarters in Hong Kong - a core hub of the worldwide Societe Generale Group - we employ close to 9,000 employees in the region. Our expertise here ranges from corporate and investment banking to asset management, securities services, specialised financial services, trade finance and cash management services.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn @Société Générale or visit our website www.societegenerale.asia. Department Description
Societe Generale is looking for a fresh grad with 0 to maximum 1 year of work experience, to join our Trade Support team. The trainee will provide first level support and control to trading desk and to reduce operational risk.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 200004T2
Business unit: Societe Generale Singapore Branch
Starting date: 14/03/2020
Date of publication: 14/02/2020