- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 17 Jan 18
Transaction Banking - Securities Services Product Manager
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
The successful applicant will manage and deliver the Transaction Banking end-to-product objectives within Singapore for SS in alignment with global objectives for the product line, including financial and non-financial performance, enhancement of capabilities, product and client access future strategies, and oversight of risk and governance in alignment with the Product Head of ASA and Securities Services Head of Singapore.Key Responsibilities
Financial Performance and Profitability
- Directly responsible for the SS products within the country Have clear responsibility over pricing for products and management of assets, contingents, and Asset Under Custody/Management (AUC for SS, AUM for Fund Services i.e. FS)
- Directly responsible for driving investment business cases and the business operating model for the product line
- Determine standard product pricing and monitor collection of fee and NII for the product line.
- Develop jointly with the Sales team a local strategy to meet country objectives, in line with the overall Securities Services strategy.
- Conduct ongoing competitor analysis to capture the opportunities, mitigate the threats and deliver financial performance. Recommend and plan actions to build or reinforce our competitive edge.
- Drive end to end product performance, improving efficiency through the e-agenda, straight through processing, ensuring scalability to grow.
Product Management and Development
- Directly responsible for articulating the product strategy and executing product initiatives on the annual operating plan in the country for the product as Country Product head SS.
- Directly responsible for understanding customer needs and develop the client value propositions that will address them across all client segments.
- Sponsor launches of product enhancements, new products, as required for SS. Work jointly with Sales and Marketing to develop collaterals for local market, communicate product launches, organize customer events and develop a sales campaign strategy to ensure that the new products meet planned volume and revenue targets.
- Ensuring global training initiatives are executed across all countries in the region in line with the global commercialization agenda.
- Oversight/Manage of all change initiatives within the country impacting SS. Work closely with Tech and Ops on the delivery to ensure adherence to agreed timelines
- Ensure priorities of SS are duly articulated and represented in change committees; and duly tracked to closure
- Responsible for commercialization of new product capabilities by ensuring commercialization plans, targets and infrastructure to maximize success for it launch.
- Understand the needs of customers and prospects, and implement structures and solutions to meet these needs ensuring delivery of SS.
- Provide ongoing support and training to TB sales, CIB, CC, Global Markets (GB), Risk and Group Technology & Operations (GTO) staff to provide assistance to facilitate the closure of large or complex deals.
- Maintain high level client interaction. Approximately 20% of your time should be spent on client-related activities focused on strategic topics that help understand client needs and ensure an appropriate set of solutions delivered.
- Participate in RFP and/or clients due diligences where required
- Be a lead market advocate for Securities Services for the product line and be seen as Investors & Intermediaries (I&I) primary choice in the region, participate and represent the Bank in industry bodies and market forums. Build strong relationships with key regulators governing product line.
Risk & Governance
- Identify and mitigate the Operational, Credit, Regulatory and Business conduct risks relating to SS products within the region.
- Ensure country compliance on Group standard for Audit, Control and financial reporting including reporting of risks to Business Operational Risk Forum (BORF), Country Operational Risk Committee (CORG), Client Experience Forum (CEF).
- Work with operations to improve overall service standards and to ensure that quality of service to customers remains superior to competition.
- Ensure timely renewal of country addendums (CAs) to group product programmes (PPGs) and proactively work with stakeholders to identify and quantify new and existing risks. Actively participate in new product commercialization (NPC), roll out and execution in the region.