Transaction Monitoring Analyst
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Contract, Full time
- Hydrogen Group
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
The individual will work with other members of the AML team to perform monitor and investigate accounts transactions and client information, and will also provide feedback and escalate issues, as appropriate to support functions.
The Anti-Money Laundering Analyst will be responsible for maintaining and updating the firm's anti-money laundering (AML) records and refreshing historic AML data. In addition, the Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that new clients, new matters and third party payers comply with the requirements of applicable AML legislation and the firm's AML policies.
The Analyst will proactively ensure that appropriate client due diligence materials are held on file for all relevant parties and will report potentially suspicious activities to the firm's Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO).
This role will operate across the firm's practice groups and offices in support of the firm's AML program and will contribute to ensuring that the firm complies with its regulatory obligations and appropriately manages and mitigates risk issues associated with AML.
- On-going monitoring for Sanction Screening against existing customer base
- Carrying out KYC/CDD checks and risk assessment for the establishment of Nostro Account relationships
- Providing online AML/CFT and Compliance training to all staff
- Support the Head of Compliance in the running of the Compliance Function
Required Knowledge & Attributes
- Understanding of relevant legal documentation.
- Understanding of key AML monitoring systems.
- Excellent organizational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Ability to manage complex projects and assgnments while maintaining tight deadlines.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Can confidently and clearly explain problems and issues and contribute to their resolution.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work effectively in teams including cross-border communications.
- Proven analytical, planning, problem solving and decision making skills.