Treasury Product Control - AVP (8-months contract)
- Contract, Full time
- Allegis Global Solutions.
- 05 Nov 18
Allegis Global Solutions is the exclusive Contingent HR services provider for one of the world’s leading banks.
: At Allegis Global Solutions we’re proud to be the leader in global talent solutions. We draw upon decades of industry expertise to develop innovative tools, products, processes and strategies focused on outcome. Moreover, we’re incredibly proud to have built a culture that empowers our people to make their mark while making deep connections that will last a lifetime. With our passion and culture for talent, we are truly transforming the way the World acquires talent.
Our Client is one of the leading global wealth managers with strong investment banking and asset management capabilities. Founded in 1856, they have expanded to be a global force employing over 45,000 people in 50 countries. With new leadership, a new strategy and a streamlined global organization, they are set for growth.
The role we are hiring for is with Product Control (CFO Division) in Singapore. They are seeking to recruit an Assistant Vice President - Treasury Product Control to be a part of their team. Product Control are the financial guardians of the bank's sales and trading activities and therefore play a critical part within the broader finance organisation in providing independent validation of the Investment Bank’s Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet.
- Monitoring and reviewing the work performed by Line Control Team in overseas location for the APAC Treasury Balance Sheet & P&L. (NB: While in general, Singapore Team is the reviewer and not the performer of the tasks, please note that we are also the alternate team in Business Recovery Planning, and need to be sufficiently trained and prepared to cover key tasks performed by Line Control Team in the event of contingency)
- Performing Analytical Review & Delivering Quality Commentary on Balance Sheet and P&L items.
- Preparing monthly reporting packs for distribution to Global Treasury
- Performing Fair Value Levelling & Disclosures at month end
- Price Testing Review of Fair Valued Inventory
- Control of Fund Transfer Pricing Processes
- Continuous Liaison with the Business Cluster Controllers for the firm’s businesses.
- Ensuring that cost of carry policy is communicated to and understood by all business and their controllers.
- Ensuring that cost of carry charged to the businesses is in line with policy.
- Control of rates, secured and unsecured.
- Address and resolve carry queries.
- Monitor effective economic processing of fails, interest claims, and nostro management.
- Understand and educate controllers in other teams/department re FTP L2/L3.
- Control/Facilitation of intra-month and monthly FX Revenue and Expense Selldown
- CS Traders can elect to have currency PnL hedged by Treasury.
- Treasury PC review and validate FX hedging process.
- Control and facilitation of FX selldown of currency exposure created by FA, HR, Tax etc.
- Subject Matter Expert to help advise and guide other controllers over the FX hedging process.
8. Support and Analysis for Change Projects impacting Treasury, including but not limited to providing Business User Inputs and performing User Acceptance Testing.
To be considered for this role, you must able to offer
Essentials Skills and Qualifications:
•Undergraduate degree, Finance or Accountancy preferable but not mandatory
•Exposure to basic vanilla financial products, specifically money markets, FX, IR swaps, bonds and collaterals
•Strong Excel skills
•Strong process skills, including understanding of deal capture, settlement, accounting and reporting processes
•Communication and organizational skills, able to prioritise and multi-task
•Attention to detail
•Self-starter, quick learner
•Strong analytical/problem solving and decision making skills
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
•Product control or Treasury experience preferred, but not mandatory.