- Permanent, Full time
- OCBC Bank
- 26 Apr 18
Unix System Specialist
Unix System SpecialistJob Description:
The Unix System Specialist will be working in the Unix Team and assist for all technical issues . The Specialist is required to take ownership of issues through to resolution and w ork closely with team members . The Specialist is also expected to provide excellent communication and customer service to all areas of the business.
- Work with the team to develop technical solutions, plans and configuration, in response to requirements from Business and Application teams. Deliver to the deployment team for execution.
- Provide technical assistance to development team and operation teams.
- Troubleshoot and drive system recovery. Escalate problems with actual or potential impact to problem management. Perform root cause analysis and ensure planned actions are carried out to prevent recurrence. Must be proactive and possess a sense of urgency during service recovery.
- Ensure the supportability of the Unix and Linux OS and system software.
- Conduct performance analysis, tuning, automate system operation, capacity planning & performance management.
- Track and drive patch management & software upgrades to ensure continuous supportability.
- Establish adequate monitoring to ensure efficient and reliable service delivery.
- Apply new technology and process to improve system supportability, recoverability, availability and performance.
- Provide operational excellence and skills on Unix and Linux OS and system software support.
- Support audit and compliance activities.
- 5 years system support experience on Unix and Linux platform.
- Hands -on experience on Solaris, AIX & Red Hat Linux
- Good knowledge in Oracle Cluster, Veritas Cluster, AIX HACMP.
- VMware experience is preferred.
- Possess good technical knowledge in implementing, troubleshoot, performance tuning of Unix and Linux hardware, operating system and system services.
- Experience in SAN Storage knowledge is an added advantage.