VP/AVP, Business Intelligence, Big Data Analytics Group
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
- 21 Nov 17
VP/AVP, Business Intelligence, Big Data Analytics GroupThe Big Data Analytics Group is a newly formed business function that will be leading the transformational build, use, and deployment of the banks next generation analytics capabilities and infrastructure. This exciting role will play a pivotal part as an Analytics Centre of Excellence that will take analytics to the next level through use of latest data and analytics technology currently being deployed. You will work either individually or in project teams to help the organization progress towards a self-service data discovery culture.
In this role you will be part of the Big Data Analytics Group, and will aim to deliver new insights and drive data analytics transformation across the UOB Group. You will be building analytical insights, data visualisation, intuitive dashboards and data modelling to support the adoption of analytics into the decision making process across the entire organization.
This is a unique role where the right candidate will be able to make a significant and visible contribution within a short period of time.
• Represent the Analytics Centre of Excellence to cross train team members, business users, and ensure business user adoption of analytics and supported tools
• Manage, build and deliver analytical solutions including dashboards to help businesses leverage their internal data assets for strategic decision making
• Provide consultative support to stakeholders and senior management in understanding data trends, patterns and insights on our customers and business operations
• Support the Enterprise Data Architecture and Governance Program and Big Data Program to develop the Analytics Capabilities and drive the Change Management agenda for the group
• Drive innovation initiatives under the business leadership team's guidance and directives
• Degree in computing or science discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, IT)
• Minimum 5 years working experience in Analytics or Business Intelligence functions
• Advanced knowledge of SQL, Data Warehousing, and Data Modelling with experience with Big Data ecosystem and Python a strong plus
• Strong experience in banking and finance with good knowledge of banking products and the overall industry
• Good written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated success presenting in a clear and compelling manner to cross-functional stakeholders that persuades action
• Have an understanding of project management and business processes to help drive organizational results
• Ability to work and thrive in a dynamic, team-oriented environment