VP/AVP, Data Analyst (Based in China, Indonesia, Malaysia or Thailand), Data Management Office
- Permanent, Full time
- United Overseas Bank
VP/AVP, Data Analyst (Based in China, Indonesia, Malaysia or Thailand), Data Management OfficeThe Data Management Office (DMO) is a business function that covers Enterprise Data Governance, Data Management and Enterprise Data Strategy and Analytics. Data Management Office ensures that UOB meets all data governance standards set by data regulators and optimize data management and usage to help UOB make smarter, faster and more accurate decisions and to improve operational efficiency.
The Data Management Team (DMT) serves as the single point of contact for users across UOB for data issue escalations. The DMT ensures that data is of good quality and conforms to data standards such as completeness, accuracy and consistency, to support regulatory and management reports. The team also promotes data automation and makes use of data to help develop initiatives to improve productivity.
The role will be part of the business function that will be leading the transformational build, use, and deployment of the bank's next generation data analytics capabilities and infrastructure.
Your main responsibilities include:
• Perform the role of a data analyst on the Enterprise Data Architecture & Governance (EDAG) Programs to ensure the business requirements and deliverables are aligned to business priorities
• Perform assessments and analysis on existing data ecosystems to identify, propose and implement solutions to enhance data quality, data consistency, and efficiency
• Provide support to business stakeholders in data queries and data provisioning
• Responsible for production support and change management, including specifications and data model review and UAT
- Degree in Computing Science or related disciplines with at least 5 years of working experience in banking or financial industry
- Understanding business models, data dictionaries and to be able to query data using an SQL tool is mandatory
- Min 5 years working experience in Data Analytics or Business Intelligence functions
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
- Hands on experience in Hadoop and/ or Teradata is highly desirable
- Knowledge of advanced analytics and BI tools like R, MS BI, Tableau, Qlik, is a strong plus
- Candidate will be required to be on secondment to Singapore for at least 6 months